Kennesaw State Pre-Game Thread

IUFLA

When: Friday, December 23rd 7:00 pm EST 

Where: Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall, Bloomington, Indiana

TV: BTN

8-4 Kennesaw State Owls come to Bloomigton on a 2 game winning streak...Coached by Amir Abdur-Rahim in his 4th year at the school (27-69)

image.png.a9a2b3bb4d5fc12f5aff3d8f00195a78.png

image.png.4aa67217da6909e74ac8d2119895b109.png

Not a big team, the Owls are lead by junior guard Chris Youngblood (45% from 3). They do shoot the 3 well overall (38% as a team) and they take a lot of them (24 per game). I have not seen them play, but they look like a much stiffer opponent than Elon was. They lost thier only P5 matchup vs Florida by 10. They're pretty tough defensively as they're ranked 75th in defense coming in. Rated 213th overall in KenPom.

Good tune-up for Iowa...

Edited by IUFLA
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

We will win with ease, but what will folks find to get upset about?

As I said before, I won’t argue with winning but will continue to be disappointed if we continue to show less effort. No more jogging down the floor getting beat time and time again, no more slow defensive rotations. We hardly showed effort against Kansas and got embarrassed and that continued into last game against Elon. Show effort, develop good habits, focus and get out with a injury-free win and that’s a success. 

Go Hoosiers! 

Edited by Hoosier987
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Any chance weather postpones this thing?  Will Kennesaw have travel issues if not already here?

Hope not. I think they would arrive today before any bad weather hits. Seems like the cold is going to be more of a factor than the snow. Dress warmly…I remember we had a cold spell when I was at IU. The high was only 0 degrees and the low in the -10s. I don’t recall any cancellations from that cold outbreak.

3 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

I don't want to sound like a negative Nancy but how does this post add anything to the forum or to IU basketball discussion at all.  You're picking a virtual fight before the game has even been played.  You're singling out an unnamed crowd before anyone has even posted.  This post is aimed directly at a subset of posters.  You might as well name them with this post.  Just my 2 cents.  Not picking a fight with you.  Just don't think this post is needed.   

• Like 3

4 hours ago, btownqb said:

First game we get to attend this year. 

Date night at Little Zagrebs and then the game! Hoping I can find a parking pass..  it's going to be incredibly cold and the lady doesn't care much for the cold!! 

Buying a beer, sitting in the balcony well away from anyone else.. and Enjoying the Hoosiers with my wife. Great Friday night to me!

Be prepared to pay more for the beer than Little Zagrebs...

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

Hey @kyhoosier29- I can see people being upset over easy wins is confusing to you too.

I agree man, wild that people would waste their energy looking for things to be upset about, this week especially. Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas to you, brother!  🍻

15 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

I don't want to sound like a negative Nancy but how does this post add anything to the forum or to IU basketball discussion at all.  You're picking a virtual fight before the game has even been played.  You're singling out an unnamed crowd before anyone has even posted.  This post is aimed directly at a subset of posters.  You might as well name them with this post.  Just my 2 cents.  Not picking a fight with you.  Just don't think this post is needed.   

This is honestly absurd my man. That crowd sub posts and cries like babies constantly. They’ve been called out by mods for it twice recently.

if you want to make a post like this then direct it at the guys who make posts like mine turned up about ten levels for 80% of their posts.