Kennesaw State Pre-Game Thread

IUFLA

5 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

A tid bit about the city of Kennesaw. Did some work with a shop there, Kennesaw was if not the first then one of the first cities to implement a law that the head of each household (with obvious exceptions) must own and maintain a gun as well as adequate ammunition. 

I wonder whose definition of adequate they are using 🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

A tid bit about the city of Kennesaw. Did some work with a shop there, Kennesaw was if not the first then one of the first cities to implement a law that the head of each household (with obvious exceptions) must own and maintain a gun as well as adequate ammunition. 

Deliverance Anniversary: A look at the iconic Dueling Banjos

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

I wonder whose definition of adequate they are using 🤔

If they past a law requiring gun ownership, you can bet the ammo requirement was more than 5 rounds for the revolver. In fact I don't think they even sell pkgs less than 20 rounds anymore. Some might but not widely distributed. Walmart quit carrying handgun ammo totally I was told by the Sporting Good mgr. (at least in my local store, not sure about nationwide)

• Like 1

Fun Fact:   Kenesaw Mountain Landis, the first Commissioner of Baseball, was widely credited with bringing credibility to the game of baseball after the "Blacksox" scandal.

He was born in Ohio but grew up in Indiana (Logansport and Delphi).  His real name was Kenesaw Mountain Landis (at that time Kenesaw and Kennesaw were both accepted spellings).  His parents were unable to agree on a name.  So they named him after the battle, the Battle of Kennesaw Mountain, where his father was seriously wounded fighting for the Union in Sherman's drive to Atlanta. 

• Like 7

14 minutes ago, DWB said:

If they past a law requiring gun ownership, you can bet the ammo requirement was more than 5 rounds for the revolver. In fact I don't think they even sell pkgs less than 20 rounds anymore. Some might but not widely distributed. Walmart quit carrying handgun ammo totally I was told by the Sporting Good mgr. (at least in my local store, not sure about nationwide)

It was meant more in jest. My definition of adequate is not in the same ballpark as what others consider adequate.  I cant remember the last time I bought just 1 box of ammo. 

I knew wal mart quit selling guns for the most part. Didn't know that about ammo. Granted I have bought any in awhile since my needs were satisfied well before supply and price issues. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

Hey @kyhoosier29- I can see people being upset over easy wins is confusing to you too.

I agree man, wild that people would waste their energy looking for things to be upset about, this week especially. Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas to you, brother!  🍻

@IowaHoosierFan said it perfectly man. Why do you even go there? My confused reaction was me questioning why. So somebody can respond and you can argue with them or in roundabout ways tell them they are ignorant? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, kyhoosier29 said:

@IowaHoosierFan said it perfectly man. Why do you even go there? My confused reaction was me questioning why. So somebody can respond and you can argue with them or in roundabout ways tell them they are ignorant? 

I have lots of great dialogue on this site. 

I go there because I'm so beyond sick of the sub posting and antagonization from a few of you. It would be wonderful if that could get cut out. I can certainly be an ass at times, but at least I'm direct about it and them move on. No one cares if people disagree or have have different view points, that's never ever been an issue on any iteration of HSN. 

Gang,

As @Inequality asked, just stop the silliness

Some people here are glass half empty, some half full, everybody has opinions. 

And that is what makes this place fun and interesting.

It serves no purpose to keep taking shots back and forth from camp to camp. Let people have their own way of evaluating our team.

Debate if you want. But the senseless ridiculing and ribbing needs to chill. 

It serves no purpose.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

I have lots of great dialogue on this site. 

I go there because I'm so beyond sick of the sub posting and antagonization from a few of you. It would be wonderful if that could get cut out. I can certainly be an ass at times, but at least I'm direct about it and them move on. No one cares if people disagree or have have different view points, that's never ever been an issue on any iteration of HSN. 

Antagonization from a few of “you”? 🤣 I rarely respond to a comment you make, most of the time ignore them because of the arrogance, disrespect you spew towards people a lot of the time. The fact you think the few people that “antagonize” you do it because you just disagree with them is comical. Merry Christmas brother! 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, gnet550 said:

Wonder if TJD suits up for this one 

I don't see a ton of benefit in him playing if back injury is lingering. Next game isn't until January 5th. Gives him almost 2 full weeks of rest. I expect the guys to get the win and hit the road. Take a week off and go see friends/family for Holidays. Good for everyone to get a breather. 

• Like 2