Iowa Post game

ButlerHoosier

5 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

You’re right…. really speaking more to not being able to win 6 in the tournament against quality competition. But you are correct in that we went on a nice little streak. With that said. That included a really poor game at Minny and a non competitive game at MD. Not sure Minny should count, but to their defense, good teams find a way to win when they play poorly. We just can’t seem to find some consistency. 

If you look back at the month of February, it was very up and down for us. Don't think that bodes well for winning 6 in a row. 

Really the three non-Purdue wins this month were very ugly (Michigan, Illinois, Rutgers). We've got about two weeks to figure out whatever tweaks need to happen so we are playing at that Purdue level every game or we could very well get sent home in the first weekend. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Hoosier4Life53 said:

Sure, but we’re not trending in the right direction.

10 out of 14 isn't trending the right way? Shoot Iowa St has lost 8 of 10. TCU 6 of 9. That's not trending the right way. Disappointed and pissed off for tonight? Sure. Let's not totally dismiss what this team has accomplished over the last 60 days down players though. 

This is a good team that is as capable as anyone to make a run. Need to beat Michigan. After that see what happens in Chicago and after that we hopefully get a top 4 in Louisville or Columbus. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

10 out of 14 isn't trending the right way? Shoot Iowa St has lost 8 of 10. TCU 6 of 9. That's not trending the right way. Disappointed and pissed off for tonight? Sure. Let's not totally dismiss what this team has accomplished over the last 60 days down players though. 

This is a good team that is as capable as anyone to make a run. Need to beat Michigan. After that see what happens in Chicago and after that we hopefully get a top 4 in Louisville or Columbus. 

How do you account for a team that knew what could be and didn’t even try to compete?

There’s losing a game. Then there’s what we saw tonight. 

Sorry. What I saw tonight gives me no indication that this team can string together 3-4-5 wins in the tournaments 

• Like 4

I’m not torn up that we lost to Iowa. I’m apoplectic to the sleep walking our way through that game. Hell, an Iowa player blew a kiss to our fans and we had NO ONE with enough give a crap to award him with enough blood to get kicked out of the game. 
Woody has done a bunch for mental toughness for this group, but it was obvious who were men tonight and who were boys. 
god I hate Fran 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

I’m not torn up that we lost to Iowa. I’m apoplectic to the sleep walking our way through that game. Hell, an Iowa player blew a kiss to our fans and we had NO ONE with enough give a crap to award him with enough blood to get kicked out of the game. 
Woody has done a bunch for mental toughness for this group, but it was obvious who were men tonight and who were boys. 
god I hate Fran 

As I have said. We are led by a person who has amassed awesome statistics but has won nothing 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Understand, and hopefully we bounce back big against Michigan on Sunday, but just saying the last five games, with exception of Purdue, haven’t been pretty. We barely beat Illinois at home, and they were without their best player. We need to get on a roll going into the post season. Right now we’re on a roller coaster.

• Like 2

god I hate Fran 

Oh, not only did he blow a kiss, he laughed about getting a tech for it and was awarded by his team mates. If you can’t draw blood fir that F U in your face, your weak.

7 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

How do you account for a team that knew what could be and didn’t even try to compete?

There’s losing a game. Then there’s what we saw tonight. 

Sorry. What I saw tonight gives me no indication that this team can string together 3-4-5 wins in the tournaments 

See Penn St Post Game Thread. 

• Like 2

Oh, not only did he blow a kiss, he laughed about getting a tech for it and was awarded by his team mates. If you can’t draw blood fir that F U in your face, your weak.

So we were supposed to have a player get suspended at this point in the season? 

• Confused 1

Just now, Hoosier4Life53 said:

Understand, and hopefully we bounce back big against Michigan on Sunday, but just saying the last five games, with exception of Purdue, haven’t been pretty. We barely beat Illinois at home, and they were without their best player. We need to get on a roll going into the post season. Right now we’re on a roller coaster.

And it's a grind. Not dismissing how bad we played tonight at all. It happens. These kids have been on full tilt since August. Maybe a late season wtf was that moment could put them over the hump in a year of no clear favorite? Not happy with tonight but not going to throw the season in the trash can because of a bad 40.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

And it's a grind. Not dismissing how bad we played tonight at all. It happens. These kids have been on full tilt since August. Maybe a late season wtf was that moment could put them over the hump in a year of no clear favorite? Not happy with tonight but not going to throw the season in the trash can because of a bad 40.

Definitely can happen - they've got a decent break between now and Sunday, and then another hopefully 4 days before the BTT. Lots of time to regroup. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I don't know that it's totally fair to Trayce to put this year on him. 

No it’s not, but. Can you imagine the ruckus Dale would have been in over the kiss thing. 
Hell wasn’t Detroit pretty “aggressive” when Woody was on staff there for the championship? 
mom sorry for the pacifists but we were punked tonight and it will be the message across the land. XL Johnson would have manned up. I’m actually a little surprised he didn’t come off the bench and send a messsage. That was crap. 

1 hour ago, Steubenhoosier said:

1. Purdue win means nothing now.

2. This team is nowhere near mature enough to handle success and build on it.

3. TJD accolades mean nothing. Who cares about the stats when he has led the team to zero championships.

4. Some players better check their egos and realize that the last game is irrelevant to the next opponent.

5. Coaches did their worst job this season in the most important game. 
6. This was done without Fran having to get even close to the Francon scale. I think that pisses me off almost as much as…

7. Now having to put up with all my PUke buddies rubbing this in my face 

I'll add something....

8. Who is excited for next season??? Raise your hand....

2 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Hey, I understand... I'm pissed too...

We never really made a run at them in the second half, and I'm disappointed as hell about it...

And to be honest when the camera panned to Race and Trayce on the bench with about 2 minutes to go laughing, I thought, "there's not a thing funny about this." 

I saw that and was thinking what is so funny? You are literally getting smoked at home by 20 points. 20 points! The season isn't over yet. It then panned to JHS and he looked distraught! It seemed like he understood the gravity of the game. 

• Like 3

I was really hoping XJ would come in for some garbage time in the 2nd half.  He was warming up and looked pretty mobile.  I suspect he is not clear but this team needs him to come back and take Bates minutes with the second unit.  XJ also would have made sure that douche #20 got bumped around a little bit.