The non-IU National Tournament thread…

1 minute ago, bronkonagurski said:

It has been a long time since I laughed as hard as I laughed when Purdue lost tonight. Good job Boilermakers, you made history! They will be talking about the FDU game for years, decades, centuries! 😎

Gotta find a place for it in "One Shining Moment." 

Purdue had a really good team this year. They were the best in our conference. They lost again in an embarrassing fashion. My thoughts are that they didn't have a lot of talent beyond Edey who was a really good college big. Unfortunately for them, they are playing a game that no longer exists at the elite level of college basketball. I hate Purdue but like CMP and think he is doing the best he can with the resources available to him.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, bronkonagurski said:

It has been a long time since I laughed as hard as I laughed when Purdue lost tonight. Good job Boilermakers, you made history! They will be talking about the FDU game for years, decades, centuries! 😎

My too. I literally couldn't stop laughing and my wife started to get concerned.

3 hours ago, cthomas said:

Purdue had a really good team this year. They were the best in our conference. They lost again in an embarrassing fashion. My thoughts are that they didn't have a lot of talent beyond Edey who was a really good college big. Unfortunately for them, they are playing a game that no longer exists at the elite level of college basketball. I hate Purdue but like CMP and think he is doing the best he can with the resources available to him.

The guys on  xm radio had me rolling. Painter 15 trips to the ncaa, 8 times a top 4 seed, 1 elite 8. They said purdue should fire him because he can coach outside the big ten. Another guy said Painter should be embarrassed putting the 2 guards on the court that start. said he knew he had Edey coming back, hit the portal and find guards that could play. One guy blamed NIL, THE other said well then the fan base deserves losing to a 16.

• Like 2

I am still trying to wrap my mind around Purdue's loss.  Getting beat by a #16 that wasn't supposed to be there?  Getting beat by a team that had a play-in game?  Wow.  The Boilers are in the midst of the best basketball years they have ever had and this happens?   I dunno.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, rico said:

I am still trying to wrap my mind around Purdue's loss.  Getting beat by a #16 that wasn't supposed to be there?  Getting beat by a team that had a play-in game?  Wow.  The Boilers are in the midst of the best basketball years they have ever had and this happens?   I dunno.  

Take Edey off that team and they STILL should have won that game by 15 based on talent.  I think they feature Edey too much.  It restricts what the the others can do.

The freshmen backcourt was never going to work in the tournament either.  

I'll confess I did not see the PU game last night (my daughter had an event), but my guess is there was an over-reliance on Edey, and when he was taken away, no one else was ready to step up.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Take Edey off that team and they STILL should have won that game by 15 based on talent.  I think they feature Edey too much.  It restricts what the the others can do.

The freshmen backcourt was never going to work in the tournament either.  

I'll confess I did not see the PU game last night (my daughter had an event), but my guess is there was an over-reliance on Edey, and when he was taken away, no one else was ready to step up.

Edey took 11 shots.  Gillis, Loyer, and Smith took 10 each.  IMO, Purdue didn't go to Zach enough.

• Like 1