The non-IU National Tournament thread…

59 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I think I read it wrong. I thought he meant opening up the checkbook to get transfer players in the portal through NIL not a new coach. 

I meant a coach.  And its not just purdue.  I think in general coaches have more options now with these massive TV contracts getting money to more schools

5 hours ago, rico said:

Edey took 11 shots.  Gillis, Loyer, and Smith took 10 each.  IMO, Purdue didn't go to Zach enough.

But it's still 4 around 1. They NEVER get any action going other than that... outside of an Edey shoving his 270lbs frame into someone and pinning them in secondary transition. 

They can't deviate whatsoever. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Seriously. I know we probably tried to convince ourselves during his tenure we'd get there but Lord the difference in movement and sets/design,etc...

I was always praying we'd find a real PG, move Smith to the 4 and play up tempo.... nopeeeeeee

We wanted to be Wisconsin. Fun times. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Reacher said:

https://slate.com/culture/2023/03/march-madness-purdue-fairleigh-dickinson-upset-history.html

"That Was the Worst Loss in the History of College Basketball"

“Watching the Knights try to guard Edey was a bit like watching a bunch of small children try to guard a dad dunking on them on a Fisher-Price hoop at a birthday party.”

Edited by 13th&Jackson
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

57 minutes ago, Reacher said:

https://slate.com/culture/2023/03/march-madness-purdue-fairleigh-dickinson-upset-history.html

"That Was the Worst Loss in the History of College Basketball"

...ranked 312th in Pomeroy’s adjusted efficiency margin...

LOL...were ANY of IU's "cupcakes" ranked that low? 🤣

What a truly embarrassing loss for the one-trick pony and his band of brickmasons.  Again, if that's the NPOTY, it just shows how weak and wide open this season is.  I don't think it's unfair to say he's (mostly) just tall.  No real mystery to what he's going to do offensively and he's nowhere near as versatile and polished as Trayce.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

...ranked 312th in Pomeroy’s adjusted efficiency margin...

LOL...were ANY of IU's "cupcakes" ranked that low? 🤣

What a truly embarrassing loss for the one-trick pony and his band of brickmasons.  Again, if that's the NPOTY, it just shows how weak and wide open this season is.  I don't think it's unfair to say he's (mostly) just tall.  No real mystery to what he's going to do offensively and he's nowhere near as versatile and polished as Trayce.

He's big enough to be the starter and sixth man.  He got away with so much because if they called games fairly he'd foul out before halftime. I just look forward to not hearing his name or see his goofy mug. 

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Another day of bad offense starting today. UT is up 27-21 at the half and Furman scored 52 today. I think one problem is they are recruiting athletes who plays basketball instead of basketball players who are athletic.

What I have seen in both games thus far today are excellent athletes playing outstanding defense 

• Like 1