The non-IU National Tournament thread…

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

if Illinois would have not ruined that with poor B1G performance they would have got seeded higher. They were mediocre the rest of the year. Had they finished 2nd or 3rd in B1G they likely would have been on the 4 line like IU.

IU was 12-8 in conference.  Illinois was 11-9.  So, one extra conference win was worth 5 seed lines?  

5 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

IU was 12-8 in conference.  Illinois was 11-9.  So, one extra conference win was worth 5 seed lines?  

Illini had a much easier conference schedule. Also very weird in that we only got 1 Q1 game at home (when you guys destroyed us). So that 11-9 didn't really help the resume much.

28 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

It's already hurting seeding, which, in turn, is hurting the performance.  Otherwise, why were 12 loss TCU and Iowa State teams given 6 seeds while 11 loss Maryland and Illinois put on the 8/9 line. 

It was not the case this year, but in future years, that could be IU on that 8/9 line while a middling Big 12 team gets a 6.  And, when that happens, IU fans will care.  

The seeding this year has nothing to do with past performances. They look at every teams resumes and don't even look at conference affiliations.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Look I’ll give you a line…maybe should be an 8…maybe we should have been a 5 (it was a possibility). I just don’t see any B1G schools with agregious seeding mistakes.

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

The seeding this year has nothing to do with past performances. They look at every teams resumes and don't even look at conference affiliations.

Then explain to me TCU & Iowa State.  Do those overall records get you a 6 seed if they were in a different conference?  Of course tthe conference you are in plays a part.  I don't care what their handbook says.  

Edited by 5fouls

3 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Bottom line is that I will always believe that a good Big Ten is good for IU.  If someone else is happy with IU being the Gonzaga in a WCC-like Big Ten, then that is their prerogative.  I just feel differently.  

The B1G is good…they just perform bad in the tourney because of the style of play imo. Too physical.

• Like 1