The non-IU National Tournament thread…

Regarding high tops vs low tops studies of have shown there isn't a correlation between using high tops and a reduction in ankle sprains. Most studies show no difference between the rate of ankle sprains when using high or low tops. Some studies theorize the high top can reduce the muscles reaction time in the ankle and foot increasing ankle sprains.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, SawatchHoosier said:

Regarding high tops vs low tops studies of have shown there isn't a correlation between using high tops and a reduction in ankle sprains. Most studies show no difference between the rate of ankle sprains when using high or low tops. Some studies theorize the high top can reduce the muscles reaction time in the ankle and foot increasing ankle sprains.

Plus they are bulkier and heavier. 

2 minutes ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

What about your shoe coming off slowing up that game? making you play for 60 seconds with only one shoe?

Why do some ref's call TO while others let it remain game on?

I don't know about the shoes coming off. They don't tie like I do I guess.  Reminds me I should check to see if my feet are purple again. 

I'm guessing some refs don't do conditioning enough and look for breaks when they can get them?  That could also explain phantom fouls called. 

5 minutes ago, SawatchHoosier said:

Do those studies take account how tight the laces are?

• Haha 5

8 minutes ago, BGleas said:

the bottom line is that the committee is not taking conference tournament performance into consideration whatsoever. Literally it's not a consideration at all. 

So you think without the Michigan and Illinois wins in the BTT last year we still make the field? 

7 minutes ago, SawatchHoosier said:

My Chuck Taylor’s made all the difference in the world when I wore them 50 + years ago 

• Haha 1

Just now, IUFLA said:

So you think without the Michigan and Illinois wins in the BTT last year we still make the field? 

I think it can make a difference when you are on the bubble if you win multiple games and make a run…but it won’t for seeding. Look we got a play in game…they did us no favor for sure.

3 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

First, that has nothing to do with the points I've been making. But, yes I think we were already in and that those wins didn't do much, as evidenced that we were still in the play-in. Most thought those wins would get us solidly in but the committee said most of the tournament was already locked in by that point. 

But again, that has nothing to do with what I've been saying. 

• Like 1

With all this angst, what is a good conference performance anyway? If the SEC and Big 12 each have 3 teams in the Sweet 16 but none advance, is that successful enough? If the B1G has 1 team go through to the Final Four in that scenario, are they more successful? 
Frankly, I don’t care about the conference performance. I U going as far as possible is really all that matters 

• Like 3

Just now, BGleas said:

First, that has nothing to do with the points I've been making. But, yes I think we were already in and that those wins didn't do much, as evidenced that we were still in the play-in. Most thought those wins would get us solidly in but the committee said most of the tournament was already locked in by that point. 

But again, that has nothing to do with what I've been saying. 

From an overall BTT stance, maybe not, but I really doubt we make it without at least one of those wins...Simply for the wins alone... 

3 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

From an overall BTT stance, maybe not, but I really doubt we make it without at least one of those wins...Simply for the wins alone... 

Yeah, maybe the first win got us over the hump. But again, that's not relevant to my points on conference affiliation. 

6 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

With all this angst, what is a good conference performance anyway? If the SEC and Big 12 each have 3 teams in the Sweet 16 but none advance, is that successful enough? If the B1G has 1 team go through to the Final Four in that scenario, are they more successful? 
Frankly, I don’t care about the conference performance. I U going as far as possible is really all that matters 

I have a feeling if the Final Four is Alabama, Arkansas, Tennessee, and Texas, the SEC will let the rest of the world know about it.  

• Like 1