Players declaring for the 2023 draft...

13 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

So I think that is probably one difference between those 2.  I think EG hit IU and was NBA ready.  He would have gotten drafted straight out of high school.  Credit to JHS in that I think he was a guy viewed as potential with a little to prove.  He answered questions this year, proving himself ready, while EG spent his year at Indiana highlighting what people thought of him already.

On a related note, JHS declaring is about the best thing that could happen from a recruiting standpoint.

Oh I agree. It might be more of a preference thing... as much as I love EG.. I wouldn't draft a 6'3 SG in the top 10. 

16 minutes ago, MoyeCowbell said:

Jalen’s NBA declaration letter on IG was written with absolute class and appreciation for all of those who helped him achieve his dream. 

What a great representative of IU. Proud of him and think he will be an awesome ambassador for the program.

Agreed.  When I read that, I achieved an extra layer of appreciation for him as both a Hoosier and a person.

• Like 7

27 minutes ago, MoyeCowbell said:

Jalen’s NBA declaration letter on IG was written with absolute class and appreciation for all of those who helped him achieve his dream. 

What a great representative of IU. Proud of him and think he will be an awesome ambassador for the program.

"I'll always be an Indiana Hoosier!"

You sure will, kid...You sure will...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

I also think JHS is the most pro ready FR we've ever had. Maybe EG? 

Easily the most pro ready since Gordon for sure. Handled himself with class and professionalism. I still chuckle at people who thought coming off the bench was his best route when he got to campus.

Congrats Jalen! You've earned every bit of this payday and life you have that's just starting. Nice Insta post too.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

Easily the most pro ready since Gordon for sure. Handled himself with class and professionalism. I still chuckle at people who thought coming off the bench was his best route when he got to campus.

Congrats Jalen! You've earned every bit of this payday and life you have that's just starting. Nice Insta post too.

Some didn't see an upgrade to our roster by adding him, compared to what we had last year. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MoyeCowbell said:

We didn't get any benefit from Vonleh or Romeo as 1 and dones, but this one feels different. Especially with the transfer portal, I see JHS paying dividends.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

He sure shot up the draft board.  Hope the Pacers can pull the trigger on him...killer stroke and good assist numbers.  Steps up and supports his teammates.

To funny. I read the first 2 lines before I realized who you were talking about. Well done. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, BGleas said:

The PnR thing is where fit/situation comes into play. Depends on where he's drafted. As a mid-to-potentially late 1st rounder, if he goes to teams like Memphis, Phoenix, Portland, Atlanta, etc., that have established All-Star guards and stars, he won't have a ton of opportunities to run the PnR as a rookie. 

Don't mean to be downplaying JHS, I think he has a shot to be a really good NBA, but Eric Gordon was a "dude" from the second he stepped foot on an NBA court. 

He's not a star, but again averaged 16ppg on efficient shooting while being a good defender. 

JHS would have to really overachieve as a rookie to match that production. 

I think he would have been a star without the injuries. He’s played 15 years even with his injuries which is a testament to exactly how good he is. 

• Like 1