Transfers with IU Interest

9 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

This. All the respect in the world to Carolina as a program and their fans....but that thing was a train wreck this year. None of it made any sense. That's on the coach. I'll gladly take a swing for a guy like Love. 

Not to mention, if Woodson is able to stabilize Love when Davis could not, that would be a huge feather in Woodson’s cap in recruiting against Davis. 

Yes, UNC—and Duke for that matter—have tradition but it’s going to dawn on recruits that Coach Williams and Coach K aren’t walking through that door.  There’s nothing with Davis or Scheyer that indicates anything special whatsoever as a coach.  

The opportunity from a recruiting standpoint is huge.  

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Hoosierdave said:

Apologies if this was mentioned already, but the NY Post wrote an article about St. John’s recruiting and when talking about Chris Ledlum, they singled out Indiana as a “major suitor” for him. 

I posted the article yesterday.

Please see a mod and have your "likes" transferred to my account.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

58 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I agree. And XJ and Love could absolutely be the type of backcourt that can dominate in March if Woody can press the right buttons. 

I was in the pass on Love team.  It is high risk/high reward.  He would worry me from a team chemistry standpoint, but if we got an under control XJ and Love in the backcourt, an athletic wing, a shooting 4 (like the Ledlum kid) and then Malik or Sparks at the 5 that is a pretty good starting 5.  Then you have Trey, Malik/Sparks, Cupp, Newton, Gunn, and Banks coming off the bench with another potential rim protector and Leal....not a bad team.

But again, Love is high risk and high reward to me.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, IUCrazy2 said:

I was in the pass on Love team.  It is high risk/high reward.  He would worry me from a team chemistry standpoint, but if we got an under control XJ and Love in the backcourt, an athletic wing, a shooting 4 (like the Ledlum kid) and then Malik or Sparks at the 5 that is a pretty good starting 5.  Then you have Trey, Malik/Sparks, Cupp, Newton, Gunn, and Banks coming off the bench with another potential rim protector and Leal....not a bad team.

But again, Love is high risk and high reward to me.

Definitely high risk, high reward. But Woodson has reigned in tons of guys before.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

If everything went well, that team would have potential on paper to do some things.

Agree man, and if this is somewhat of a gap year and we can take a big swing to see if we can make it into something special.... I think you do it.

I don't know that I'd take a risk every offseason, but this seems like a good one to do it. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

Sorry don’t hate me but I have zero idea who that is.

One of the top 5 athletes to ever play for IU.  Sadly, he wasn’t much of a player either.  Transferred to ISU if I remember correctly.  Don’t remember the year but 80s…maybe it was 90s.  Feels so long ago.  Ugh.

Edited by thirdgenhoosier
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1