Transfers with IU Interest

2 minutes ago, IndyHoosier22 said:

If we can get all three, what’s the likely starting 5?

X/Knecht/Ledlum/Reneau/Ware would be my guess? Galloway, Sparks, Gunn, Banks, Cupps off the bench.

Have a lot of similar concerns as this past year team. Outside of Knecht not a lot of bonafide shooters, and it’s not a sure thing we even get Knecht. But definitely would get a lot more balanced scoring from this team I would think. 

Told you! Let the starting lineup debate begin!

• Haha 7

3 minutes ago, IndyHoosier22 said:

If we can get all three, what’s the likely starting 5?

X/Knecht/Ledlum/Reneau/Ware would be my guess? Galloway, Sparks, Gunn, Banks, Cupps off the bench.

Have a lot of similar concerns as this past year team. Outside of Knecht not a lot of bonafide shooters, and it’s not a sure thing we even get Knecht. But definitely would get a lot more balanced scoring from this team I would think. 

I don’t think Reneau is a guaranteed starter unless he does some things to improve himself to play the starting 4 spot. That said there’s a lot to play out so I wouldn’t jump the gun on lineups.

Edited by DC2345
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Maedhros said:

Counting Sparks leaves us with 4, assuming Xavier gets his waiver.

Right. But @DC2345 said " fill the remaining spot" ... maybe he just meant it like a generalization or whatever... I just didnt see where we have close to 5 guys ready to fill those spots. It looks like 3 have in roads for 3 of them.. just didn't know who/where the other 2 would be coming from. 

Ultimately, I think I read his post a different way than he was originally trying to say it. My bad. 

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

Right. But @DC2345 said " fill the remaining spot" ... maybe he just meant it like a generalization or whatever... I just didnt see where we have close to 5 guys ready to fill those spots. It looks like 3 have in roads for 3 of them.. just didn't know who/where the other 2 would be coming from. 

Ultimately, I think I read his post a different way than he was originally trying to say it. My bad. 

I meant that “IF” IU were to land Ware, Ledlum, and Kenecht to go with Sparks they would have 1 spot left to fill in that scenario.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

Correct 

The problem is the remaining spots need to be grad transfers…. Sparks, Knecht, Ware all have eligibility left correct? With that being said I would assume that Ware intends to be a one and done here?

edit: I just looked it up. Knecht has 1 year left and Ledlum actually has 2 years because Harvard didn’t play during 2020 Covid season. 

Edited by IUfaninIllinois

3 minutes ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

The problem is the remaining spots need to be grad transfers…. Sparks, Knecht, Ware all have eligibility left correct? With that being said I would assume that Ware intends to be a one and done here?

I thought Knecht was grad transfer? 

If you add Knecht... he and XJs scholly you can use. 

The odds are someones transferring/not coming back to school... thats 3. I'm not sure I want to add more than 3 TR FR to any roster moving forward. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

The odds are someones transferring/not coming back to school... thats 3. I'm not sure I want to add more than 3 TR FR to any roster moving forward. 🤷‍♂️

The only spots I’m leaving open on this roster are for: Sisley, Harrelson (sp), Asa, and Liam. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Yeah I edited my original post since I was a dummy and didn’t do my research first

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Would Anthony Leal go a 5th year?

I'm kinda thinking no... He'd have his degree, and would probably want to start his "real life." 

• Like 1