Transfers with IU Interest

6 minutes ago, Jackson Kellogs said:

I could care less if he comes or not and you’re right this isn’t the biggest thing going on in my life. Just tired of people putting out fake info and cryptic tweets like kids are going to commit. Tired of fans getting their hopes up for recruits. We will never succeed at the highest level in this new era of college basketball until we simply start winning significantly year in and year out. The recruiting won’t get better until we win big time. We’re irrelevant compared to these other schools, which also have a lot more money than we do as well. 

3 minutes ago, Jackson Kellogs said:

Woodson had this chance to win big this year and he didn’t meet expectations. If we would have won the B10 like we were projected with a week B10.. and made a farther run in the tourney than we would be landing these kids. We’re still mediocre at best as a program compared to these up and coming schools. Don’t get wrong I want to land some of these high profile recruits and I’m sure our coaching staff is doing all that they can, but I have no reason to be optimistic. I have no idea how we become more competitive against these other schools. 

It's year two in the Woodson Era. 

Each year a progression over the previous year.

It's very early in the portal season.

Last July, Kansas State had two scholarship players.

Why are you jumping off the ledge now?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Bowhunter said:

Last night they were making it sound like we were getting Ware, Ledlum and Dalton K lol!

We still might. I just have issue with guys coming here saying great news for the Hoosier, just wait and see. Put out what you know or just shut up. Its simple. I have people tell me stuff all the time but i dont say crap if I dont trust it. When I do I put it out there.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jackson Kellogs said:

Woodson had this chance to win big this year and he didn’t meet expectations. If we would have won the B10 like we were projected with a weak B10.. and made a farther run in the tourney than we would be landing these kids. We’re still mediocre at best as a program compared to these up and coming schools. Don’t get wrong I want to land some of these high profile recruits and I’m sure our coaching staff is doing all that they can, but I have no reason to be optimistic. I have no idea how we become more competitive against these other schools. 

What were your expectations for this year. Mine was to compete for the conference title, we finished second. Also thought we would make the sweet 16. So this year wasn't to far off. We also played without our second best player for majority of the year.  Maybe your expectations were a tad high 

• Like 6

I don't know if we will get Ware or not. What I do know is it's a swing and miss from the staff if we don't land him. There is no "we didn't want him anyway" or "he wanted to take too many shots" or "his motor isn't good enough,"  excuse to try and make the miss feel better or to pretend we didn't strike out on this recruit. It would be a complete swing and strike out. Let's hope for the alternative. Typically you need a big piece to commit first to get the dominos falling. Ware is the piece. 

Edited by Hoosier987
  • Sad 1

37 minutes ago, Jackson Kellogs said:

Ware definitely not coming to IU.. Alabama about to get him to commit with the money! It’s over fellas.. might as well kiss this one goodbye.. and whoever is putting out those cryptic tweets needs to shut the hell up. 

You pretty much sum up my post from two days ago

This is how I see the next two days playing out. All of us are going to be projecting lineups thinking all 3 of these guys will commit the next few days. Then two hours after the OV are over we all panic when no verbals are announced. 

1 minute ago, Hoosier987 said:

I don't know if we will get Ware or not. What I do know is it's a swing and miss from the staff if we don't land him. There is no "we didn't want him anyway" or "he wanted to take too many shots" or "his motor isn't good enough,"  excuse to try and make the miss feel better or to pretend we didn't strike out on this recruit. It would be a complete swing and strike out. Let's hope for the alternative.

You can't make a kid come to your school and pretty sure the coaching staff did all they could

38 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

It’s in the 80’s down there and contrary to popular belief there are some good looking people down there. Hopefully he meets some of the others!

It's raining and temperatures are dropping down here. Allergies are horrible. All the Bama fans are talking about is the Masters and spring football. Stay north young man!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Hoosierfan1215 said:

The ups and downs of this thread is why I don’t check it all the time. Lol. We went from best recruiters, closers, great lineup to we are gonna suck and not get anyone. And truth is probably somewhere in between. Lol. 

Ill tune in next week for “ As the Indiana transfer situation turns”

We haven't done much closing in the last year +. We will this off-season...the question will be if it's our top choices or not. Time will tell.

• Haha 1

On 4/6/2023 at 6:53 AM, Between2Halls said:

I will not get my hopes too high. 

DANGIT! I got caught up in the moment and failed at this again. I’m still optimistic for several guys - including Ware, but I did not keep true to this declaration. 😬

So, since NIL has become a discussion point here, I'll ask.

Not too long ago, it sounded as if we were flush with NIL opportunities.  Now, the narrative is we can't compete.

Which the hell is it?

And, don't answer if you don't actually know something.  Let's keep some level of factual information in any response to the question.

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Hoosierinbham said:

It's raining and temperatures are dropping down here. Allergies are horrible. All the Bama fans are talking about is the Masters and spring football. Stay north young man!

Bama is such a football school LOL. Their bball program has had some serious issues too of late.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Hoosier987 said:

I don't know if we will get Ware or not. What I do know is it's a swing and miss from the staff if we don't land him. There is no "we didn't want him anyway" or "he wanted to take too many shots" or "his motor isn't good enough,"  excuse to try and make the miss feel better or to pretend we didn't strike out on this recruit. It would be a complete swing and strike out. Let's hope for the alternative. Typically you need a big piece to commit first to get the dominos falling. Ware is the piece. 

Even Babe Ruth struck out! Lighten up Francis!

5 minutes ago, Hoosier987 said:

Bama is such a football school LOL. Their bball program has had some serious issues too of late.

It's all about football now. That's what all of this conference expansion and TV deals are about. It's why the ACC is getting killed and why teams like Florida State and Clemson want out. The problem is their TV deal is like 13 more years. 

The Big Ten is a couple of years away from coming to North Carolina one last time and saying 'are you going to save yourself and join us or are you going to die clutching a basketball?

13 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

So, since NIL has become a discussion point here, I'll ask.

Not too long ago, it sounded as if we were flush with NIL opportunities.  Now, the narrative is we can't compete.

Which the hell is it?

And, don't answer if you don't actually know something.  Let's keep some level of factual information in any response to the question.

Do you actually expect factual information? Bwahahaha

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

You can't make a kid come to your school and pretty sure the coaching staff did all they could

It’s speed dating a prostitute 

When Ware says show me the money….CMW can’t point to banners, academics & coaching.  

this makes me think NIL money is exploding all over college sports 

purdue is after Cryer…ain’t coming here for a Big Drum & diploma….tells me Purdue is more committed to NIL

58 minutes ago, Jackson Kellogs said:

Ware definitely not coming to IU.. Alabama about to get him to commit with the money! It’s over fellas.. might as well kiss this one goodbye.. and whoever is putting out those cryptic tweets needs to shut the hell up. 

Let's assume for a minute that Bama does have more money.  While it would likely go towards football, I'll play along with the idea that Oats has a bigger check in hand than Woody.

Here's what I say if I'm Woodson.  "Son, those other guys may give you a little more money now, but I know what it takes to make it in the NBA, and if you come to IU, your long term earnings potential is higher."

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Indykev said:

We still might. I just have issue with guys coming here saying great news for the Hoosier, just wait and see. Put out what you know or just shut up. Its simple. I have people tell me stuff all the time but i dont say crap if I dont trust it. When I do I put it out there.

People can put out what they want. Most people here appreciate it and understand they are just sharing what they have heard.

I think telling people to shut up is a bit much. If it's that bothersome, just put those people on ignore.

There.is no reason to start attacking people. It happens here every recruiting cycle. People share and people tell them shut up.

The vast majority of us appreciate the input and can take it for what it is.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3