Transfers with IU Interest

22 minutes ago, Sea Turtle said:

It's all about football now. That's what all of this conference expansion and TV deals are about. It's why the ACC is getting killed and why teams like Florida State and Clemson want out. The problem is their TV deal is like 13 more years. 

The Big Ten is a couple of years away from coming to North Carolina one last time and saying 'are you going to save yourself and join us or are you going to die clutching a basketball?

Not totally in the B1G case. SEC is all football though. The B1G went after markets and research. They make their money for schools 2 ways. Makes them a more stable conference. I mean they did go after football powerhouses in Rutgers and UCLA. Now the B1G is in almost every major market even if nobody watches the B1G still gets put on the base cable package. People pay for it even if they don’t watch. Sorry I won’t derail any further. 

Edited by Victobmyboy

16 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Let's assume for a minute that Bama does have more money.  While it would likely go towards football, I'll play along with the idea that Oats has a bigger check in hand than Woody.

Here's what I say if I'm Woodson.  "Son, those other guys may give you a little more money now, but I know what it takes to make it in the NBA, and if you come to IU, your long term earnings potential is higher."

Problem with that is Alabama is probably going to have two big men drafted in the first round this year.

Not to knock anyone but how does one become an insider and where do they get their info from. 

1) you work inside the athletic department in some capacity. If that is the case you shouldn't be coming to a message board to tell what you know and should lose their job. 

2) You know someone who works around the athletic department and they tell you.tje info. If that is the case that person should lose their job.

1 hour ago, Jackson Kellogs said:

Ware definitely not coming to IU.. Alabama about to get him to commit with the money! It’s over fellas.. might as well kiss this one goodbye.. and whoever is putting out those cryptic tweets needs to shut the hell up. 

1 hour ago, Jackson Kellogs said:

If he really wanted to come he would have committed. We didn’t do enough, otherwise he wouldn’t be going to Alabama. 

Is this April Fools??

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Not to knock anyone but how does one become an insider and where do they get their info from. 

1) you work inside the athletic department in some capacity. If that is the case you shouldn't be coming to a message board to tell what you know and should lose their job. 

2) You know someone who works around the athletic department and they tell you.tje info. If that is the case that person should lose their job.

Does it matter? Really, if one hasn’t learned from the last 15 years to take message board info with a grain of salt and then gets disappointed when something doesn’t come to fruition, then that’s on them. 

This is entertainment. Not journalism. Just enjoy it. Maybe take a gummy and relax. 

(Not speaking to your specifically, but some are acting like the sky is falling)

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

People can put out what they want. Most people here appreciate it and understand they are just sharing what they have heard.

I think telling people to shut up is a bit much. If it's that bothersome, just put those people on ignore.

There.is no reason to start attacking people. It happens here every recruiting cycle. People share and people tell them shut up.

The vast majority of us appreciate the input and can take it for what it is.

I didnt attack anyone. I named no one. Thanks for attacking me. They arent putting out any info. Cryptic speak from both sides of their mouths. If they said anything it would be great and liked. But they aren't. Great news for the hoosiers coming our way but I cant say, isnt saying shit. I Didnt tell anyone one person to shut up just in general. I would love to tell one person, I'll let you figure that out.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

33 minutes ago, Victobmyboy said:

Not totally in the B1G case. SEC is all football though. The B1G went after markets and research. They make their money for schools 2 ways. Makes them a more stable conference. I mean they did go after football powerhouses in Rutgers and UCLA. Now the B1G is in almost every major market even if nobody watches the B1G still gets put on the base cable package. People pay for it even if they don’t watch. Sorry I won’t derail any further. 

Right but football TV deals are where the schools in each conference are making so much money. 

When Clemson and FSU and Miami leave the ACC for football money, these basketball schools are going to have to hope the Big Tenor SEC will take them or they are becoming the Big East. And if you think their 35 million a year deal is bad now....

Also, if Alabama is out bidding Indianna for basketball players, then that's a real problem. 

Edited by Sea Turtle

21 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

Does it matter? Really, if one hasn’t learned from the last 15 years to take message board info with a grain of salt and then gets disappointed when something doesn’t come to fruition, then that’s on them. 

This is entertainment. Not journalism. Just enjoy it. Maybe take a gummy and relax. 

(Not speaking to your specifically, but some are acting like the sky is falling)

I may need a gummy after all this excitement.  Lol

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Coach Robby said:

I just know if I told someone I was committed then went on another trip, I wouldn’t appear committed…oh well, hope you’re right man @DC2345 the boards are thirsty for some news 😂 

It actually happens fairly often. Many times people just don’t realize it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1