Transfers with IU Interest

38 minutes ago, Initial79 said:

It’s all good. Just like ok…. I was confused was all

Anyway, this Catchings thing seems like a done deal. That puts a wrinkle in things. 

So, if his intent is to potentially reclass, then I'm assuming that could possibly impact Ledlum's decision?  

45 minutes ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

A 25' recruit for PU that spanks Sawatchhoosier who may be changing his commitment to IU or Illinois or the opposite of oral robert. Catch up man. It's not that hard.. :) 

It's not that hard yet! If Sawatchhoosier keeps getting spanked though....following now? Haha. In other news anything else on who else we might be after or are we putting our eggs in the baskets of who we have been talking about already? 

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

So, if his intent is to potentially reclass, then I'm assuming that could possibly impact Ledlum's decision?  

I would imagine that it would have bigger impact on Deloach coming back for that visit. 

I still don’t think Ledlum goes on the other visits. Don’t think we were getting any commitment today with Woody in the hospital and drugged up. 

He still has time to back out and everyone keeps saying he is “expected to” 

will see

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, ButlerHoosier said:

It's not that hard yet! If Sawatchhoosier keeps getting spanked though....following now? Haha. In other news anything else on who else we might be after or are we putting our eggs in the baskets of who we have been talking about already? 

It's gonna get all kinds of "pre nup's should have been signed" kinda thing. It could get kinda dirty. BUTT,if it's for IU Bball. its a thing that I am ok with Sawatch taking for them team. Ya know? 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, DC2345 said:

He’d better not be a reclass. He’s not ready for the B1G yet. 

I agree. I watched him play in the semi-state versus our Jennings County team. That one game I saw of him, he seemed pretty raw still and a little unimpressive. It could have been this one game, I don't know. He has D 1 talent, but JMO, I too don't think he appears ready for BIGTEN yet.

7 hours ago, 5fouls said:

1 hour ago, DC2345 said:

He’d better not be a reclass. He’s not ready for the B1G yet. 

Woody playing the long game?

IU gets a kid with talent to develop... The kid gets a year with Clif and practices against better athletes, all the while getting some NIL $$$... And Purdue fans weep uncontrollably...

I'm not seeing the downside 🙂

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Woody playing the long game?

IU gets a kid with talent to develop... The kid gets a year with Clif and practices against better athletes, all the while getting some NIL $$$... And Purdue fans weep uncontrollably...

I'm not seeing the downside 🙂

When you put it like that I'm all in lol. I was thinking more for this coming year. That said IU does need wings and he'd fit the bill. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

When you put it like that I'm all in lol. I was thinking more for this coming year. That said IU does need wings and he'd fit the bill. 

....I almost get a CJ Gunn feel, but skinnier.... If, and a BIG IF there is real smoke and eventually fire to this Catchings development, I just see it hard to see much playing time to reclassify. I mean, look what happened to Kristian Lander after he reclassified for IU. I know these are two different players and abilities, but what do I know?...lol

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

....I almost get a CJ Gunn feel, but skinnier.... If, and a BIG IF there is real smoke and eventually fire to this Catchings development, I just see it hard to see much playing time to reclassify. I mean, look what happened to Kristian Lander after he reclassified for IU. I know these are two different players and abilities, but what do I know?...lol

I've never been a huge fan of guys reclassifying. Especially for small guards. That said Lander was poorly evaluated by many people. I could understand taking a talent like Catchings if he understood he wouldn't be getting much time his first year but would use that to develop his body and game. 

Edited by DC2345
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

True, but Lander reclassified because of what he thought was open playing time...

This kid will be doing what amounts to advanced classes, both in the actual classroom, in the weight room, and on the practice floor, and be getting paid for it...

Money's not the best motivation, but it is a motivator to some... Look at some of the life priority polls that have come out lately... 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

I've never been a huge fan of guys reclassifying. Especially for small guards. That said Lander was poorly evaluated by many people. I could understand taking a talent like Catchings if he understood he wouldn't be getting much time his first year but would use that to develop his body and game. 

I don't think he'd get any, hopefully. RS

• Like 1