Transfers with IU Interest

9 hours ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

I don’t think I can state enough how important Coach Rosemond currently is to IU. Not only do the players absolutely love him but he is a heck of a recruiter with tons of freaking contacts. We need to back the brinks truck up for him for years to come.

I think it's very likely that as long as Mike Woodson is HC both Hunter and Rosemond will be assistant coaches until the day that they get HC jobs of their own baring something unforeseen happening. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

53 minutes ago, Reacher said:

Based on video here’s a pondering…

He looks the part more of a true SF. Could signing him mean Knecht would be more drawn to a situation he will be featured more as a true SG which is probably his more favorable match ups and sets him up for better success?

30 minutes ago, SawatchHoosier said:

Did you see him make enough layups in that video to determine if he's a finisher?

He's strong and uses his body well to finish at the rim. Finished with both hands, has a floater, and threw in a euro step. Seems pretty crafty around the basket, although not super athletic. His outside shoot is so smooth.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, BADGERVOL said:

He looks the part more of a true SF. Could signing him mean Knecht would be more drawn to a situation he will be featured more as a true SG which is probably his more favorable match ups and sets him up for better success?

Hard to tell if he's really got the defensive lateral quickness to be a three full time.  

I actually thought he was a perfect college four from just that video IDK.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, BADGERVOL said:

Sounds about right to me. Ledlum needs to get leaner and more explosive for a B1G wing, which I'm sure is appealing with our strength and nutrition programs.

He could almost play small ball 4 running the baseline. We have the potential for some very interchangeable parts based on matchups and situations. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Beamerball said:

Rabby pouring some water on Knecht. Said he needs to make some calls but isn't sure if he is going to take more visits or if he is not. 

Obviously, if not, we aren't going to land him. 

From reading various (non-IU) message boards, Knecht's name is mentioned a lot.  It appears he's very much a hot commodity, at least among fans.  He's the player I'm most wishful for.

• Like 3