Transfers with IU Interest

6 minutes ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

He didn’t at all but that’s why I said I’m not convinced he can play there. I think his skill set is much better as a 4

I guess I don’t follow that logic. He earned minutes late in the season as a three but you think he is better suited at the 4, where he got no minutes?

I mean to each their own but I think he’s a 3/wing/perimeter forward/whatever you want to call it. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I guess I don’t follow that logic. He earned minutes late in the season as a three but you think he is better suited at the 4, where he got no minutes?

I mean to each their own but I think he’s a 3/wing/perimeter forward/whatever you want to call it. 

I understand he didn’t get minutes there but his specific skill set seems to be better at the 4 than the 3. If he really is a good 3 point shooter and ready to come in and let it fly and shoot 33-37% then I’m totally fine with him playing the 3.

Just now, IUfaninIllinois said:

I understand he didn’t get minutes there but his specific skill set seems to be better at the 4 than the 3. If he really is a good 3 point shooter and ready to come in and let it fly and shoot 33-37% then I’m totally fine with him playing the 3.

What’s the specific skill set he has that makes him more of a 4?

On defense it’s pretty clear the coaches though of him as more of a 3, but maybe he has some sweet post moves on offense he hasn’t busted out?

2 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

What’s the specific skill set he has that makes him more of a 4?

On defense it’s pretty clear the coaches though of him as more of a 3, but maybe he has some sweet post moves on offense he hasn’t busted out?

He’s really good at boxing out and getting in there and getting some bodies on guys. He’s super long and think he can hang down low on a defensive guy better than he can stop penetration against a 3. I think he would be better running baseline and making cuts in a 4 out 1 in system and is a very good finisher. I think woody wants a 3 who is shooting tons of 3s IMO

4 minutes ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

He’s really good at boxing out and getting in there and getting some bodies on guys. He’s super long and think he can hang down low on a defensive guy better than he can stop penetration against a 3. I think he would be better running baseline and making cuts in a 4 out 1 in system and is a very good finisher. I think woody wants a 3 who is shooting tons of 3s IMO

Well I guess you saw things differently than the coaches last year in terms of who he should guard, but generally the running the baseline and cutting that you highlight as a potential strong suit is going to be a 3 more often than a 4. 

Not sure I ever saw Race run the baseline at IU. 

3 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Well I guess you saw things differently than the coaches last year in terms of who he should guard, but generally the running the baseline and cutting that you highlight as a potential strong suit is going to be a 3 more often than a 4. 

That’s because the offense wasn’t 4 out and 1 in last year it was 3 out and 2 in. In a normal 4 out offense you have a player doing just that and it’s typically the 4

35 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Woody may have had to tweak things given the roster he was given.  He apparently thought giving race and tjd more time on the court was better for winning than forcing his 4 out, 1 in offense on the team.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Between2Halls said:

Not on instagram myself, but saw on Twitter some stuff about Ledlum now following the whole IU roster. FWIW

What I have been trying to say here for a few days but I am the new guy and think people feel I am just grasping at straws. 

it is very apparent he will be committed by tomorrow most likely. you don’t randomly just follow some of the people he did. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, iuswingman said:

Woody may have had to tweak things given the roster he was given.  He apparently thought giving race and tjd more time on the court was better for winning than forcing his 4 out, 1 in offense on the team.

Yeah I get that. So you guys are arguing Banks is a perimeter player? We agree then….

3 hours ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

That’s because the offense wasn’t 4 out and 1 in last year it was 3 out and 2 in. In a normal 4 out offense you have a player doing just that and it’s typically the 4

I mean, I guess if we have to label someone that way then sure. But it’s really just four guys that are guards and wings around a big.

Like I don’t consider Jayson Tatum a 4 just because the Celts play 4 out a lot of the time. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Initial79 said:

What I have been trying to say here for a few days but I am the new guy and think people feel I am just grasping at straws. 

it is very apparent he will be committed by tomorrow most likely. you don’t randomly just follow some of the people he did. 

You're correct. 

6 hours ago, Initial79 said:

Knecht is starting to follow a few. (Cupps is one)I know he’s not ready but I see it as he’s very interested. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3