Transfers with IU Interest

Just now, IndyResident16 said:

I don’t put a whole lot of stock in to what Rabjohns has to say these days. Whether or not he was sold is the job of the staff, a player that has been #1 priority for a month. 

You were personally told by the staff that Ledlum was priority #1?  Seriously?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Apparently he disagreed.  Rabby saying he didn't want to play in the B10?  Personally, I just think he's a kid who flipped over some late attention.  If he was that easily moved, he was never sold to begin with.

Who really knows if IU ever was on the lead. I assume he is a smart kid and waited until after his visits to decide. This should show you that people who comes to message board who say they have sources don't know that much. Either that or they need better sources.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

The 53rd best player in the portal is a huge miss?  I dunno...maybe?  In baseball, a .300 hitter is considered pretty good.  That's still missing 70% of the time.

I don’t care about “portal rankings”. I’m looking at a major miss for both wing depth and scoring versatility, something of which Ledlum checks both boxes.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I think the bolded part is probably way more accurate than the first part of the sentence. Meaning, I don't thing there was any big change here, he just picked Tennessee. 

I dunno...what @Initial79 said earlier about Ledlum following a bunch of IU guys and then at the last minute following a bunch of UT guys makes it seem credible that there was a lot of mutual interest up until the end of the process.  It only really matters what he decided in the end and it appears that there may have been a pretty significant shift.  Maybe...maybe not, but I can see why some feel there was.

• Thanks 1

I think missing on knecht is a bigger deal. Banks can play some time at 4 and the 3. With ware I see both he and Malik on the floor a lot together. Hopefully sparks can backup the 5. Sparks and ware can probably play together too. Need some more depth for injuries and foul trouble but banks can play some as the 4. I truly believe both Gunn and banks can step up their games and play big minutes. Cupps is an interesting player. Really would like to get a big time scoring guard/wing to be a primary scorer. Add that and a body to fill time inside as backup to the backup. Let banks play some as a 4 and we should be good to go 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, IndyResident16 said:

He was the first kid IU offered out of the portal and the first kid the entire staff went to visit out of the portal. You tell me chief.

Well, he WAS one of the early decent players into the portal.  That may have had something to do with that.  Why are you so uptight over a kid barely old enough to drink?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, FKIM01 said:

Well, he WAS one of the early decent players into the portal.  That may have had something to do with that.  Why are you so uptight over a kid barely old enough to drink?

Who else in the portal has the staff spent more time, effort, energy, and resources on than Ledlum? They’ve been recruiting him for a month. 

I’m not uptight over anybody. Simply ridiculing those who don’t see this as a significant miss and potentially a huge blow to next seasons success. This isn’t the, “oh well on to the next one” type miss. 

We got one of the top player in the portal in Ware. He’s not chopped liver. My point is, he saw something good at IU. Ludlum wasn’t our guy. As far as I’m concerned, I don’t even want to say his name. We want players like Sparks and Ware, who want to be a part of IU and it’s great tradition. Here’s to Woody and Co. finding the next part of the puzzle….! Go IU!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

I dunno...what @Initial79 said earlier about Ledlum following a bunch of IU guys and then at the last minute following a bunch of UT guys makes it seem credible that there was a lot of mutual interest up until the end of the process.  It only really matters what he decided in the end and it appears that there may have been a pretty significant shift.  Maybe...maybe not, but I can see why some feel there was.

I just don't buy that Indiana was in the lead and he was all but committed here, and then there was some big change at the end. 

Of course there was mutual interest, you don't visit if there isn't, I just don't think there was some big change at the end. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, IndyResident16 said:

Who else in the portal has the staff spent more time, effort, energy, and resources on than Ledlum? They’ve been recruiting him for a month. 

I’m not uptight over anybody. Simply ridiculing those who don’t see this as a significant miss and potentially a huge blow to next seasons success. This isn’t the, “oh well on to the next one” type miss. 

Now you have access to the staff timesheets?

image.jpeg.aed0d5ef28ad4c50b7fc1e69d992491c.jpeg

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, BGleas said:

I just don't buy that Indiana was in the lead and he was all but committed here, and then there was some big change at the end. 

Of course there was mutual interest, you don't visit if there isn't, I just don't think there was some big change at the end. 

Everything I’ve heard outside of this board is the staff absolutely thought he was coming and are completely blindsided 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

Everything I’ve heard outside of this board is the staff absolutely thought he was coming and are completely blindsided 

Heard from who? I'm not trying to be difficult or a jerk, I just don't buy all of this noise. 

The kid committed like an hour ago, and all of the sudden people on Twitter and message boards know what the staff thinks?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1