Welcome to IU, Kel’el Ware!!!!

• 3 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I know it's early, but I think right now, Kel'el is the second best big in the Big 10...

Not sure he has the strength to be effective against Eady heads up.  When IU plays Purdue, hope Woody gives Sparks a run at guarding Eady and have Ware on TKR/Furst.

He could help down when the Boilers feed Eady in the post.  I'll take my chances with those other 2 trying to beat us from outside the paint.

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Not sure he has the strength to be effective against Eady heads up.  When IU plays Purdue, hope Woody gives Sparks a run at guarding Eady and have Ware on TKR/Furst.

He could help down when the Boilers feed Eady in the post.  I'll take my chances with those other 2 trying to beat us from outside the paint.

I havent seen Zach E.T. really back people down. usually, he gets in position, throws up a short hook or drop steps.

Also, on the Googles, if you search for him in videos, there's one titled "Zach Edey 2023 NCAA tournament highlights". Thought the title was kind of funny. 

7 minutes ago, Purdue7 said:

Cliff at Rutgers maybe 🤔 

Reese 🐢 

Best rim protector with Cliff

Much  better offensive player than Omoruyi and at least his equal on the defensive end...And I think he's better than Reese on both ends...

Watch the 2nd half of the Army game between the 17-12 minute mark...he was absolutely dominant...

3 hours ago, 5fouls said:

I agree as far as a big body like Sparks banging with him, but on the offensive end if Ware is the 5 and Mbako the 4, Edey would have a tough time guarding Ware I would think.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again, I was nervous about Ware. I am happy to say it looks like my worries were thus far unfounded. We will know more after Sunday, but I have become very high on him quickly. 

Clingan will be a great test for Kel'el...

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/16/2023 at 3:08 PM, ledies22 said:

I havent seen Zach E.T. really back people down. usually, he gets in position, throws up a short hook or drop steps.

Also, on the Googles, if you search for him in videos, there's one titled "Zach Edey 2023 NCAA tournament highlights". Thought the title was kind of funny. 

Prolly should have been singular on the highlights as well

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

9 games in and this kid has surpassed everything he did at Oregon and some extra. Only the start too. Can't wait to see how he evolves this season. Much like TJD, JHS, Trey last year and on and on.....player development is in good hands. Looking forward to what Ware looks like in 90 days.

don't know how anyone could disagree.  of course my negative side is sitting here thinking we are going to waste the one season that we have him.  here's to hoping i'm wrong!  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

don't know how anyone could disagree.  of course my negative side is sitting here thinking we are going to waste the one season that we have him.  here's to hoping i'm wrong!  

Time will tell for sure. He was only going to be here one season either way so let's make the best of it and roll from there. In the world the adults have created 20-10 will piss the locals off but if send another kid or two to the league that means the door is open for 24 portal and beyond. 

IIRC....because I don't look at most older posts enjoy your trip. Headed down ourselves on Saturday. Can't wait for this one. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Time will tell for sure. He was only going to be here one season either way so let's make the best of it and roll from there. In the world the adults have created 20-10 will piss the locals off but if send another kid or two to the league that means the door is open for 24 portal and beyond. 

IIRC....because I don't look at most older posts enjoy your trip. Headed down ourselves on Saturday. Can't wait for this one. 

I didn't expect Ware to be as good as he has been so far. He will be a major reason we have a decent season. I don't even want to think where we would be without him.

• Like 3