2023 Mackenzie Mgbako COMMITS TO INDIANA UNIVERSITY!!!

22 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

They count their 2 Helms banners, and we all know how pathetic that is 🙂 

Plus the fact in National Championship games, it's IU 2 KU 0 (which is dumb in and of itself because they are the University of Kansas... Must be UK lickspittles 😁

Edited by IUFLA
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

The thing with Kansas fans right now is that there isn't anything real that's come out. Slater is the only guy to listen to and yet they are believing some clown who's wrong about stuff all the time and wanted to fight a Kansas State assistant recently. He could of course choose Kansas but these Kansas fans are being arrogant when there is no real evidence to support their arrogance. 

We are historically on their level by most measurables, or close to.  We have just been extremely humbled over the past few decades.  They haven't.

I think the thing that hasn't sunk in for the Kansas's of the world is that they aren't among the few anointed who can play the game without repercussions anymore.  The shady sh** we know they were doing is basically all above board now and there are schools like Indiana who have just as much if not more of a fanbase as they do who tried to play it above board in the past who are no longer tethered by the nonexistant rules.

They may win this one but I think a bunch of these schools are about to find out that the HOF coaches are gone and everybody has the money now, so Kansas and Kentucky and Duke and UNC aren't going to be viewed in the same way anymore.  

I want Mgbako and I want to beat their a$$ this winter.  I am not a big fan of how things are going in the NCAA but if this is how it is, I want Indiana to finally start throwing some of its weight around.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

We are historically on their level by most measurables, or close to.  We have just been extremely humbled over the past few decades.  They haven't.

I think the thing that hasn't sunk in for the Kansas's of the world is that they aren't among the few anointed who can play the game without repercussions anymore.  The shady sh** we know they were doing is basically all above board now and there are schools like Indiana who have just as much if not more of a fanbase as they do who tried to play it above board in the past who are no longer tethered by the nonexistant rules.

They may win this one but I think a bunch of these schools are about to find out that the HOF coaches are gone and everybody has the money now, so Kansas and Kentucky and Duke and UNC aren't going to be viewed in the same way anymore.  

I want Mgbako and I want to beat their a$$ this winter.  I am not a big fan of how things are going in the NCAA but if this is how it is, I want Indiana to finally start throwing some of its weight around.

If you look historically, they're second to Kentucky in the "dirty program" category...

They came damn close to getting the death penalty in 1988, 2 years after "Danny and the Miracles."  The latest Adidas shenanigans taints their 2022 Championship... Hell, Phog Allen was cheating in the 50s...

"On May 13, 1955, news broke that Chamberlain had chosen to play basketball for Kansas. Allegations came about from newspapers alleging that Chamberlain was paid by Kansas, an allegation that Chamberlain would later confirm."

So if you want to count Helms banners and tainted championships, yeah, they're within spitting distance of IU...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Rivals Cassidy CB’ed Mgbako to Kansas

Another one came in this morning for Kansas too. Cassidy is about 78% accurate, this guy is 83% accurate.

I guess when it is a 50/50 shot if you get your pick in early and its true, looks good. He could still change it last minute if more concrete intel comes out. Not sure how to read it

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Rivals Cassidy CB’ed Mgbako to Kansas

who's he getting his info from?  as many have said, this is pretty tight lipped with only 1 guy getting any exact information out.  until i hear it from MM himself, or the guy who is tweeting his recruitment (can't remember the name), i'm calling BS.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Hoosierdave said:

Of course

B1943F71-1293-4A64-94D1-8A7485AD4004.png

But I'm not sure how much those guys have been paying attention to his Instagram account. 

...I kid

...I kid

It's all a gut feeling until MM announces. If we don't get him, it sucks to lose out, but at lease progress is being made with the top out of state guys. 🤞

I really think it depends on the role he wants. If he wants to be more a stretch 4, then it's Kansas. If he wants to be a 3 on the wing, then it's us. I think we can talk about facilities, NIL, social media, etc. all we want, but I think that this is the major factor.  

• Like 1

Just now, tdhoosier said:

But I'm not sure how much those guys have been paying attention to his Instagram account. 

...I kid

...I kid

It's all a gut feeling until MM announces. If we don't get him, it sucks to lose out, but at lease progress is being made with the top out of state guys. 🤞

I really think it depends on the role he wants. If he wants to be more a stretch 4, then it's Kansas. If he wants to be a 3 on the wing, then it's us. I think we can talk about facilities, NIL, social media, etc. all we want, but I think that this is the major factor.  

The thing is that KU 4 position is already taket

3 minutes ago, kycarter88 said:

who's he getting his info from?  as many have said, this is pretty tight lipped with only 1 guy getting any exact information out.  until i hear it from MM himself, or the guy who is tweeting his recruitment (can't remember the name), i'm calling BS.

He is a national guy, I do know he makes educational guesses too, but all signs are pointing to Kansas

6 hours ago, Initial79 said:

So I looked at this a little more. 

she never liked any of the Kansas visit pics. Liked a few of the IU ones. Then yes, 2 Kansas replies likes followed by another IU one today. If this was something, honestly, she might have been trying to “balance” things as she never liked any Kansas posts to date.’

also, and found this even more interesting, guess who she just very recently followed on Twitter - Carmelo 🤔

yes, none of this could mean anything but just as much positive IU stuff there. 

Okay the Carmelo thing is actually very interesting. 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

24 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

If you look historically, they're second to Kentucky in the "dirty program" category...

They came damn close to getting the death penalty in 1988, 2 years after "Danny and the Miracles."  The latest Adidas shenanigans taints their 2022 Championship... Hell, Phog Allen was cheating in the 50s...

"On May 13, 1955, news broke that Chamberlain had chosen to play basketball for Kansas. Allegations came about from newspapers alleging that Chamberlain was paid by Kansas, an allegation that Chamberlain would later confirm."

So if you want to count Helms banners and tainted championships, yeah, they're within spitting distance of IU...

I get what you guys are saying but really, do you think that past history is relevant to an 18 year old. I think @IUCrazy2is closer to on point, in that in his lifetime, MM has seen Kansas go deep in the tournament multiple times, and maybe saw us (if he was paying attention 10 years ago) get to the Sweet 16. Dredging up our history--not sure that will appeal to a current recruit so much. And, unfortunately, if he does a Google search for dirty college basketball programs, we come up with a more recent occurrence of having our program blown up due to improprieties. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

I get what you guys are saying but really, do you think that past history is relevant to an 18 year old. I think @IUCrazy2is closer to on point, in that in his lifetime, MM has seen Kansas go deep in the tournament multiple times, and maybe saw us (if he was paying attention 10 years ago) get to the Sweet 16. Dredging up our history--not sure that will appeal to a current recruit so much. And, unfortunately, if he does a Google search for dirty college basketball programs, we come up with a more recent occurrence of having our program blown up due to improprieties. 

More a swipe at the insolent Kansas fans than trying to persuade an 18 year old to pick IU...

If he picks us, fine... If he don't, fine too... 

And the Adidas-Kansas thing was only a couple of years ago... Why do you think Self had to sit out 4 games early last year?

Our administration tried to destroy the program by trying to distance it from anything related to Bob Knight... Their administration have been aiders and abettors in cheating for 70 some years

Edited by IUFLA