2023 Mackenzie Mgbako COMMITS TO INDIANA UNIVERSITY!!!

RabJohn's was just on 107.5 JMV show. Not much on MM at all just saying we are in his final 2. Said we were 2nd in the Big Ten for NIL for basketball. Said we were in the top 10-15 in the country due basketball

They discussed NIL and the portal and the talk about MM was just a few seconds at the end of the interview.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Hoosier987 said:

Maybe it’s something but probably not. Less than 2 hours ago Cassidy (the original crystal baller) said he wouldn’t bet on his pick as things stand. Further Rabjohns just posted within the hour that there is still no new information…there are people that think it’s Kansas because it’s Kansas and others that think it’s Indiana due to certain ties that matter. As mentioned prior many of these crystal ballers on Rivals are wrong or will switch their pick at the final hour. 

Just trying to manage expectations lol. It could very well be that all of them are placing a prediction based on a single persons intel (which is likely coming from Shay, the Kansas writer).

That said, seems they are confident enough with that intel to log a prediction 2 days sooner than they need to. 

23912F22-2967-4A21-AD57-0991BA5B1EFE.thumb.png.c49d9a24043b07908e3d352aba2f5859.png

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

RabJohn's was just on 107.5 JMV show. Not much on MM at all just saying we are in his final 2. Said we were 2nd in the Big Ten for NIL for basketball. Said we were in the top 10-15 in the country due basketball

They discussed NIL and the portal and the talk about MM was just a few seconds at the end of the interview.

Did he say who we were second to?  I'd guess Ohio State, but that's nothing more than a guess.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, IUCrazy2 said:

For sure, there are 2 things that happened at Indiana that took us from the top of the mountain down to the bottom.  First, the landscape shifted massively out from under our HOF coach.  We had a way that we did things here and what we didn't do was what Kansas and Kentucky and Duke and UNC were all too happy to do.  Then after we fired the coach who could still cobble together some success without having the best of the best, we hired guys that couldn't...or we hired guys who did the things we felt we were above and we canned him.

We have a ton of ground to make up.  A ton.  However, that ground is now easier to make up because Kansas, Kentucky, Duke and UNC aren't the only ones who can say "We have history, a rabid fanbase, exposure, and most importantly lots and lots of MONEY to throw your way," anymore.

5 years ago we aren't even talking about this kid.  He wouldn't have given us a second look.  Now that we can play the game, Adidas is suddenly starting to actually help us out.  They helped us get money in TJD and JHS's pockets.  Both those guys are screaming how awesome it is at IU now and are likely to be drafted next month.  This job is much more attractive the next go around because Indiana is actually using its resources and playing the game now.  Mgbako may or may not come but we are putting ourselves out there to start making up the ground.

All of those things are Indianas fault. Amateur hour every step of the way. Embarrassing. 

Kansas, UK, Duke and UNC fans have been laughing at us for 25 years. 

After 49 pages of guesses on how this will go, and no one has any idea, I give Kudos to the family and in particular to the IU staff and players for keeping a lid on this. It's a big time decision by MM and his family. He should be awarded the space and time to make an educated decision.

After the Ludlum(sp) fiasco where the signals leaked like a Siv, I'm glad this one is kept under wraps. And I hope the ones to follow are just as tight lipped.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DWB said:

After 49 pages of guesses on how this will go, and no one has any idea, I give Kudos to the family and in particular to the IU staff and players for keeping a lid on this. It's a big time decision by MM and his family. He should be awarded the space and time to make an educated decision.

After the Ludlum(sp) fiasco where the signals leaked like a Siv, I'm glad this one is kept under wraps. And I hope the ones to follow are just as tight lipped.

It will leak before Friday (if it hasn’t already)

Wondering if the IU schedule might help our chances just a little.  We play at Rutgers and also in the Empire Classic in New York City.  Also, Maryland and Penn State are about 200 miles from his hometown.  Maybe better chances for his parents to see him play?  I don't think Kansas has any games in the East.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NAHoosier62 said:

Wondering if the IU schedule might help our chances just a little.  We play at Rutgers and also in the Empire Classic in New York City.  Also, Maryland and Penn State are about 200 miles from his hometown.  Maybe better chances for his parents to see him play?  I don't think Kansas has any games in the East.

With NIL they will be able to see any game they want at no cost. The schedule imho isn’t a factor. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Victobmyboy said:

With NIL they will be able to see any game they want at no cost. The schedule imho isn’t a factor. 

True. But money doesn't make.it closer or easier to get to. Just takes expense out of the equation.

A 200 mile drive beats the heck out of continuous cross country flights.

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, NAHoosier62 said:

Why don’t we just do what Duke did for Zion’s mom and buy them a house in Bloomington?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Is that 60 his confidence level, if so that isn't that isn't much confidence 

Quick search suggests he has gone as low as like 40 and as high as 95-100 but most of them are 60-75% confidence. 

I also saw that Vernon writer for Kansas say today he’s giving it a 95% confidence Mack commits with a “anything can happen last minute in recruiting” warning. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Hoosierdave said:

Quick search suggests he has gone as low as like 40 and as high as 95-100 but most of them are 60-75% confidence. 

I also saw that Vernon writer for Kansas say today he’s giving it a 95% confidence Mack commits with a “anything can happen last minute in recruiting” warning. 

I hope he pops for us just so some of these dudes can eat crow.  And that Vernon guess when you are at 50/50 chance is worthless.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hoosierdave said:

Well that sucks!

• Confused 1