2023 Mackenzie Mgbako COMMITS TO INDIANA UNIVERSITY!!!

9 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

So if Mark Cuban follows you, you wouldn't follow him back? As far as we know, he's just doing what the players and coaches are doing etc. First and foremost he's a basketball team owner, fan and IU graduate.  I know you're really into the followers etc, but so far it doesn't really seem to indicate one thing or another based on the other transfers we've gone after. Is it a bad thing they follow each other, no. But we've gone done this road enough to know who's following who really doesn't indicate much. That's my point. 

Of course I would but I wouldn’t follow a known big IU guy the morning of my announcement for KU. I wouldn’t have followed JHS yesterday. These guys are very picky on who they follow. Look at how many follow him vs who he follows.

and Cuban is way to busy to follow rando recruits as a fan. You don’t need to for the announcement etc. he has a public profile. You know what you do need to private DM? Both to follow each other.  Could easily see “happy to have you on board and excited for next year. Congrats and good luck today.”

it is not definitive but way too many go to great lengths to act like it means nothing. It means more than most insider guys. 

those that point at Ledlum don’t realize it proves the point even more. He was followed and he followed tons of IU guys. He did say he was in on the visit and why Twitter went nuts and everyone said he almost didn’t make the TN visit. He did all that because he thought he was in too. But… morning of his announcement he started to follow TN people including a big booster.  🤔

mall I am getting at is we are here speculating and this stuff matters a lot more than most realize in todays recruiting. 

25 minutes ago, Initial79 said:

Of course I would but I wouldn’t follow a known big IU guy the morning of my announcement for KU. I wouldn’t have followed JHS yesterday. These guys are very picky on who they follow. Look at how many follow him vs who he follows.

and Cuban is way to busy to follow rando recruits as a fan. You don’t need to for the announcement etc. he has a public profile. You know what you do need to private DM? Both to follow each other.  Could easily see “happy to have you on board and excited for next year. Congrats and good luck today.”

it is not definitive but way too many go to great lengths to act like it means nothing. It means more than most insider guys. 

those that point at Ledlum don’t realize it proves the point even more. He was followed and he followed tons of IU guys. He did say he was in on the visit and why Twitter went nuts and everyone said he almost didn’t make the TN visit. He did all that because he thought he was in too. But… morning of his announcement he started to follow TN people including a big booster.  🤔

mall I am getting at is we are here speculating and this stuff matters a lot more than most realize in todays recruiting. 

I think it's a good sign for sure. I'm just not buying anything until there's a leak of some sort. Soon enough, I think we'll know. I hear some people on Kansas boards are starting to panic. 

Edited by OGIUAndy