Big Ten Basketball 2023-2024

13 minutes ago, go_iu_bb said:

Better in high school or college? High school? Sure, I'll buy that. College? Not really. He's been terrible when he's played.

Understand. Rating services get things wrong...but having watched him in High School against other peers I just don't understand not seeing the court at all and trust me I'm not a fan of Cathedral nor their coach so privately I'm laughing at this one just like Keion and a few others.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Understand. Rating services get things wrong...but having watched him in High School against other peers I just don't understand not seeing the court at all and trust me I'm not a fan of Cathedral nor their coach so privately I'm laughing at this one just like Keion and a few others.

You don't recruit Booker and leave him on the bench.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, rico said:

You don't recruit Booker and leave him on the bench.

I was going to say, if you do, he becomes next years Kel'el Ware...

But I've seen him play, and he doesn't have near the skill of our big fella...

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

When he signed with MSU I thought it was a mistake for Booker. Really Booker had the reputation of being soft and not willing to lay inside that much. Izzo don't like his bigs to play soft

12 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

Geronimo still can’t finish…or shoot.  1-6 and 0-2 from 3.  The Twerps are 9-31.

“We really wanted to have someone that knew how to play the game, but at the same time could really help us athletically,” Willard said. “... Jordan’s as athletic as a player as I’ve seen in a while.”

“I call him a Swiss Army knife. He can kind of do a little bit of everything,” Willard said.

😂

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

“We really wanted to have someone that knew how to play the game, but at the same time could really help us athletically,” Willard said. “... Jordan’s as athletic as a player as I’ve seen in a while.”

“I call him a Swiss Army knife. He can kind of do a little bit of everything,” Willard said.

😂

Emphasis on "little bit," I guess. He only has a "little bit" of shooting ability, a "little bit" of defense, a "little bit" of taking care of the ball, etc etc 

Edited by go_iu_bb

3 minutes ago, go_iu_bb said:

Emphasis on "little bit," I guess. He only has a "little bit" of shooting ability, a "little bit" of defense, a "little bit" of taking care of the ball, etc etc 

You can look at Geronimo and see an athlete. I find it hard to believe that a coach could watch Geronimo and see a guy who really knew how to play the game

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

😂

At one point in our game with Maryland, one of the announcers said that Willard was "amazed at Jordan's handle."

Really? I still have scars on my eyes from slapping my hands over them if he took over 2 dribbles...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

At one point in our game with Maryland, one of the announcers said that Willard was "amazed at Jordan's handle."

Really? I still have scars on my eyes from slapping my hands over them if he took over 2 dribbles...

I replayed that like 5 times to be sure I heard that right. And I sure enough did.  😯

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

You can look at Geronimo and see an athlete. I find it hard to believe that a coach could watch Geronimo and see a guy who really knew how to play the game

That's become the knock.  It's pretty clear that Woody had thrown in the towel by the end of last season and if Woody can't develop Geronimo, I'm not sure why Willard thought he could.

I feel for the kid because he tries, but his basketball instincts never improved that I could tell.  I'd love to see him realize some level of success, but if I were advising him, I would tell him to take advantage of his scholarship and prepare for life after basketball.

Just now, FKIM01 said:

That's become the knock.  It's pretty clear that Woody had thrown in the towel by the end of last season and if Woody can't develop Geronimo, I'm not sure why Willard thought he could.

I feel for the kid because he tries, but his basketball instincts never improved that I could tell.  I'd love to see him realize some level of success, but if I were advising him, I would tell him to take advantage of his scholarship and prepare for life after basketball.

If he would just stick to what he did in the Wisconsin game and the 1st half of the Illinois game at Champaign last year, that about as good as it would ever get for him... But he tries to go beyond that... 

13 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

He could probably be an All American tight end if he switched to football. 

• Like 1