Big Ten Basketball 2023-2024

1 hour ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Knowing our road luck lately I fully expect you guys to be raining down from 3 lol. 

I don’t think so. There is a path to victory and that might include canceling out your 3s but I don’t see us outshooting you guys with this squad.

1 hour ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Wiscy has to be the conference favorite now. Very favorable schedule. 5 of their next 6 road games are PSU, MN, MI RUT and IA. Don’t play at NW or IL

I think Purdue is still the favorite per the metrics. But our margin for error has lessened quite a bit. Probably need to sweep UW now tbh. 

14 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I don’t think so. There is a path to victory and that might include canceling out your 3s but I don’t see us outshooting you guys with this squad.

Why not? We've probably been the best shooting team in the conference since the start of December. We need to let it fly freely. 

42 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Why not? We've probably been the best shooting team in the conference since the start of December. We need to let it fly freely. 

Not saying we shouldn’t shoot it when we have our feet set and open but I think the formula is to attack Edey and get him in foul trouble.

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

Not saying we shouldn’t shoot it when we have our feet set and open but I think the formula is to attack Edey and get him in foul trouble.

I'll be shocked if we get him in foul trouble. He's going to guard Ware and he just isn't physical enough to get him in foul trouble. I think we need to play outside in, and force them to adjust Edey's drop coverage. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I'll be shocked if we get him in foul trouble. He's going to guard Ware and he just isn't physical enough to get him in foul trouble. I think we need to play outside in, and force them to adjust Edey's drop coverage. 

Hopefully we do some pick and roll and we attack him off the dribble…other teams have gotten him in foul trouble but yes it is hard with a finesse guy playing the 5.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KoB2011 said:

Yeah, I think Ware and Reneau should combine for eight, three attempts 

• Like 1

Terps up 6 at the 8 minute mark...Geronimo nailed a corner 3 (his first 3 since December 29th 😲) during the Maryland.

I remember a big 3 he hit for us in that building for us when we went in there and cleaned their clock last year

Julian Reese is dominating the Illinois bigs...

• Like 2

Hopefully since we beat Maryland by double digits we get a bump somewhere with the quality win for Maryland. Weird one for Illinois. Guess it's like what we've seen the last couple of weeks. Anytime any given day a good team can lose. Long seasons weed that stuff out though.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Hopefully since we beat Maryland by double digits we get a bump somewhere with the quality win for Maryland. Weird one for Illinois. Guess it's like what we've seen the last couple of weeks. Anytime any given day a good team can lose. Long seasons weed that stuff out though.

Apparently MD is Underwood’s kryptonite. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

32 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Still a quad 3 unfortunately. Definitely gives that game a better shot of being Quad 2 at their place, though. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, BruceDouglas said:

I'll say it again, Maryland and Rutgers should not be in the Big Ten.

That was one of the worst efforts I can remember.

🤮

Just because they beat you?? What do you think of the West Coast teams moving in?

The times they are a changing!

Deal with it, the times are definitely changing and you can either enjoy the ride or you can reminisce in misery!