Big Ten Basketball 2023-2024

2 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

Just because they beat you?? What do you think of the West Coast teams moving in?

The times they are a changing!

Deal with it, the times are definitely changing and you can either enjoy the ride or you can reminisce in misery!

To be fair, the last part of your post can pretty much be directed at all of us IU fans on this board.  Lol

• Like 3

Just now, Drroogh said:

There I am, an instigator!

Nah, just saying I think all sports fans are partial to "their time". 

I still miss Tampa Bay oddly being part of the NFC north. Haha

We all miss IU bring great. A lot.of fans thing the eay to win today I tobcoach like Coach Knight did.

That would 100% fail today. But many of us are partial to the days we enjoyed. So we see things through that prism.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

Nah, just saying I think all sports fans are partial to "their time". 

I still miss Tampa Bay oddly being part of the NFC north. Haha

We all miss IU bring great. A lot.of fans thing the eay to win today I tobcoach like Coach Knight did.

That would 100% fail today. But many of us are partial to the days we enjoyed. So we see things through that prism.

I’ve just in the last few years come to the realization that living in the past is not enjoying the present! I’ve realized that what/who was horrendous in the 70’s are now some of my best friends and neighbors!

But to your point, I was just today reminiscing with my Daughter who grew up in Michigan, how I moved to Michigan the first time at the best time. When the Tigers won, when the Bad Boys were, when Barry was running rampant! We talked about how the current Lions might fair, and I said until the Lion’s rid themselves of the Ford family, probably not!

Edited by Drroogh

1 hour ago, Drroogh said:

Just because they beat you?? What do you think of the West Coast teams moving in?

The times they are a changing!

Deal with it, the times are definitely changing and you can either enjoy the ride or you can reminisce in misery!

No, because they beat us repeatedly! Like Brad can't figure it out! 😡

But seriously, I've always hated conference expansion. Maryland belongs in the ACC regardless of their hoops results against us. Their terrible fans should be taunting Jon Scheyer! Rutgers belongs in....dunno, the A10? Patriot League?

West coast teams should be playing other west coast teams.

Edited by BruceDouglas
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, BruceDouglas said:

But seriously, I've always hated conference expansion. Maryland belongs in the ACC regardless of their hoops results against us. Their terrible fans should be taunting Jon Scheyer! Rutgers belongs in....dunno, the A10? Patriot League?

Like I said, enjoy the ride or reminisce in misery. Your choice!

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, BruceDouglas said:

If it was up to me the big ten would still be at 10 teams

• Like 2

13 hours ago, IUFLA said:

I don't know, but Geronimo should have transferred to Illinois... He owns that building... 

I didn't watch any of the game. My Illini buddies are getting more and more frustrated with Underwood only playing Dainja about 10 minutes a game. They said Maryland was pounding the ball down low to take advantage of Hawkins interior D and no changes were made.

As we know every team has about 1-2 games a year where you just go what the heck was that? They are hoping that was yesterday and move along.

6 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I didn't watch any of the game. My Illini buddies are getting more and more frustrated with Underwood only playing Dainja about 10 minutes a game. They said Maryland was pounding the ball down low to take advantage of Hawkins interior D and no changes were made.

As we know every team has about 1-2 games a year where you just go what the heck was that? They are hoping that was yesterday and move along.

I don't think Dainja would have had much better luck than Coleman...JuJu was determined yesterday...As was Jamir Young...

And I know Geronimo's numbers aren't eye popping, but he did a good job on Domask down the stretch...Blocked a couple of his shots in the closing minutes...I was happy for Jordan...

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Dainja wasn't the answer, the problem was with the ball screen defense and continuing to let Young go to his strong hand instead of forcing him right. And constantly going over screens against a team that struggles to make 3s. Hawkins getting in foul trouble was a problem. Also the refs declined to call what would have been a 2nd foul on Reese when he landed on top of Danja after a pump fake. Ref told Brad there was no contact which is hilarious if you watch the replay.

The 2nd half shooting was definitely a "what was that" moment with 9-40 shooting, 1-14 from 3. And on the night, 9 for 23 on layups. But the lack of changes on D was more troubling. No blitzing the screens, not much of an attempt at post traps, etc. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Head scratchers 

Illini D on TJD last year 

Illini vs a Maryland team that can’t throw it in the ocean 

Sparty vs Zach 

O$U against Malik 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BruceDouglas said:

Dainja wasn't the answer, the problem was with the ball screen defense and continuing to let Young go to his strong hand instead of forcing him right. And constantly going over screens against a team that struggles to make 3s. Hawkins getting in foul trouble was a problem. Also the refs declined to call what would have been a 2nd foul on Reese when he landed on top of Danja after a pump fake. Ref told Brad there was no contact which is hilarious if you watch the replay.

The 2nd half shooting was definitely a "what was that" moment with 9-40 shooting, 1-14 from 3. And on the night, 9 for 23 on layups. But the lack of changes on D was more troubling. No blitzing the screens, not much of an attempt at post traps, etc. 

Ball screen D has been an issue for years going back to the Loyola game. You would think it's something they would focus on.

In terms of Dainja...and again I don't watch your games....but this is like the 2nd or 3rd time this year where my buddies have said more minutes for him. What's your take on the limited minutes?

25 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Battle is the only Buckeye who can shoot. In the last four games Gayle and Thornton are 5-37 from three

They'd better get it together fast...Losing to Michigan, even on the road, would have the calls for Holtmann's firing very loud...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Pathetic for an adult to act that way.  He'd been better off simply not participating in the handshake line.  Hard telling what Reese said or did to elicit that response, but the better response is whipping his ass next time you meet.

• Like 3