Big Ten Basketball 2023-2024

20 hours ago, Drroogh said:

Watching the Maryland/Illini game. Anybody else see Willard catch the in play ball while standing on the court? Unbelievably Maryland got the ball even if it was headed out of bounds. 🤷‍♂️

That was...odd. No way even the speedy TSJ gets that (and I think that is what Willard told him), but that has to be some kind of violation?

2 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Boilers gearing up for their March collapse?

Down by 5 in Columbus to the Buckeyes just before halftime...

And they're getting a look at life without Edey (on the bench with 2 fouls) and it ain't pretty... 

Purdue will still be top 25 next year without Edey. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Life without Edey for sure. They look pedestrian if not below average....and it's not like Ohio St is some good team. 

I’d argue they’re a talented team who underachieved all year. We get everyone’s best game and they happened to play really well today. It happens. 

22 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

+9 isn’t even that big of an advantage lol. And we got beat because of too many turnovers and not enough 3-point shooting. That’s the recipe for our losses this year. 

1 hour ago, GoshenFan84 said:

20-5 up until Purdue started fouling at the end. OSU’s first 2nd half free throws came with 34 seconds left in the game

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

UCONN beats Marquette, a top 5 team, by 40 yesterday.  Purdue might just get blown out by a team that just fired it's coach.  Can we please put to bed the idea that Purdue should be the #1 overall seed come March? 

Oh I’d def give it to UConn but even with the loss today, Purdue still doesn’t have a bad loss. Still easily on the 1 seed line. 

2 minutes ago, cthomas said:

Purdue has enough talent to win it all with the right match ups. They can also be an early exit with the wrong ones. All depends on the draw.

I could see us not making it out of the first weekend and I can see us making a Final Four. Just depends on the matchups like you said. If we have an off night shooting and another team is on fire, could be a quick exit. 

• Like 1