Big Ten Basketball 2023-2024

4 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Well using the Big East, as an example, nine of its eleven teams are in the NET top 64. Meaning, other than a maximum four games against DePaul and Georgetown, BE teams play a NCAAT eligible team every game. Also, they have three teams in the NET top 12. The B1G has one. 

So, you're saying conferences should be ranked by the number of teams in the top 64?  Or perhaps top 50 since that's where most of the at-large teams come from?  (the remaining teams are small conference champions that can be ranked as low as 250 sometimes).  The reason I'm asking is I produce metrics and use the average rating method and have the Big Ten at #2.  But your method seems relevant at least as an alternative, especially if there's a way to account for gimme games that don't exist in the Big Ten, such as DePaul, Georgetown, Vanderbilt, etc.

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Painter confirms this season is Edey's last. Since 16, 15, and 13 have been accomplished let's go with 14 seed to oust Purdue this year....although that might be difficult because it would require it to happen in Regional Finals. 

Glad that he won't get/take 5 years to beat Calbert's B1G scoring record. (Technically, he could beat it IF he averages 34+ game and Turdue wins both the BTT and NCAAT for 12 more games which seems unlikely in its entirety.)

He'll end up top 10 for sure, probably pass TJD before the end of the regular season. 

7 hours ago, cybergates said:

Glad that he won't get/take 5 years to beat Calbert's B1G scoring record. (Technically, he could beat it IF he averages 34+ game and Turdue wins both the BTT and NCAAT for 12 more games which seems unlikely in its entirety.)

He'll end up top 10 for sure, probably pass TJD before the end of the regular season. 

5th year is BS 

Considering Pistol & Mount had 3 

Calbert was a tough cover 🔥

1 hour ago, 13th&Jackson said:

WI in free fall, losing 6 of 8, with only wins against OSU and MD. With two of last three games against IL and PU, good chance of losing 8 of 11 going into BTT

Seems like a million years ago they had a two game lead for first place haha. 

1 hour ago, 13th&Jackson said:

WI in free fall, losing 6 of 8, with only wins against OSU and MD. With two of last three games against IL and PU, good chance of losing 8 of 11 going into BTT

I think a few of us were talking about Wiscy earlier this month. How they were still ranked at the time and future schedule. You can see the pieces they have but that isn't a flowing team at all. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Interesting quote after giving up 97 points at home lol. 

Two of my Illini friends just cringe with Underwood saying this stuff....so embarrassing. I still don't know how Underwood or anyone over there thinks they have really good defensive players.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Two of my Illini friends just cringe with Underwood saying this stuff....so embarrassing. I still don't know how Underwood or anyone over there thinks they have really good defensive players.

😂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Curious what your two friends think about the TSJ situation? Seems like the majority of Illini fans I see are acting like it never happened and sweeping it under the rug. 

5 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Curious what your two friends think about the TSJ situation? Seems like the majority of Illini fans I see are acting like it never happened and sweeping it under the rug. 

I think with what happened with Arazia, Bauer and several others they are in the innocent until proven crowd (as am I). 

They have bigger concerns about D and some of the rotations being used.

• Like 1