Fast Food Burgers

Drroogh

It is with a heavy heart that I must announce all Penguin Point Restaurant Locations will be closing this weekend. Thank you for all your support and love throughout the 73 years we have been a part of your community. We will miss you!!
Please take time to share your favorite memories and pictures in the comments.

Posted on Facebook today 

• Sad 3

On 11/10/2023 at 3:40 PM, Steubenhoosier said:

It is with a heavy heart that I must announce all Penguin Point Restaurant Locations will be closing this weekend. Thank you for all your support and love throughout the 73 years we have been a part of your community. We will miss you!!
Please take time to share your favorite memories and pictures in the comments.

Posted on Facebook today 

Sad.  I think I read somewhere where they will continue with their catering business.

If you ever find yourself around Danville,Illinois get on hwy 1 and drive south toward Westville. It isn't far. 

You'll find Gross' Burgers. It's a play on his last name. 

6a00d8341cad8253ef017c32fd7e93970b-600wi.jpg.a56490bb6e4903d99b27567ad12e3167.jpg

images(1).jpeg.12f33e882dd50114a037a1565c577781.jpeg

The token fish sandwich cracks me up, so does huge drink with the special.  It's all about the beef. Ground fresh daily. 

My go to is the Double Mozz. the Gross' fries come in a sack. They are similar to McD's fries but so much better. 

7702211_6yrZs3y57JF9cGR95IXZGHhluU9WeP8QGa3fmv5h82w.jpg

Edited by mrflynn03
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

If you ever find yourself around Danville,Illinois get on hwy 1 and drive south toward Westville. It isn't far. 

You'll find Gross' Burgers. It's a play on his last name. 

6a00d8341cad8253ef017c32fd7e93970b-600wi.jpg.a56490bb6e4903d99b27567ad12e3167.jpg

images(1).jpeg.12f33e882dd50114a037a1565c577781.jpeg

The token fish sandwich cracks me up, so does huge drink with the special.  It's all about the beef. Ground fresh daily. 

My go to is the Double Mozz. the Gross' fries come in a sack. They are similar to McD's fries but so much better. 

7702211_6yrZs3y57JF9cGR95IXZGHhluU9WeP8QGa3fmv5h82w.jpg

Those prices aren’t bad at all!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
17 minutes ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

Anyone ever had Krystal Burgers? Do they compare to White Castle by chance?

Had many a Krystal when I lived in Florida...

Comparable...They do put mustard on a standard Krystal...

But yeah, they taste a lot alike...

If you're ever in Nashville, you can try them both and compare :) 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Had many a Krystal when I lived in Florida...

Comparable...They do put mustard on a standard Krystal...

But yeah, they taste a lot alike...

If you're ever in Nashville, you can try them both and compare :) 

Im at my place in Mobile and just noticed a store here. Thanks sir!

1 minute ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

Im at my place in Mobile and just noticed a store here. Thanks sir!

And I will say this...I love White Castles...Always have...Like heroin

When Fort Walton opened up a Krystal back in like 1995, it was like they opened a clinic that gave out methadone :D 

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

Anyone ever had Krystal Burgers? Do they compare to White Castle by chance?

I'm a homer raised by a guy that on Sunday when we moved to NW Illinois we'd drive to the nearest White Castle (Joliet) for our Sunday Dinner.....but Krystal is close minus the mustard part. Enjoy!

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I'm a homer raised by a guy that on Sunday when we moved to NW Illinois we'd drive to the nearest White Castle (Joliet) for our Sunday Dinner.....but Krystal is close minus the mustard part. Enjoy!

I think I've told this story before, but...

From 1963 to 1977 my dad and I got free tickets to the Indy 500 from a spinster aunt who worked at the Clabber Girl baking powder factory in Terre Haute, which was owned by Tony Hulman...

Every year on race day, the old man would call the White Castle in Greenwood, and order 100 singles at 17 cents a piece...

We'd pick them up on the way...

Between munching and selling a few (at a profit of course) the old man could, as he used to say, "cover his nut." 🙂

• Like 2

I don’t live within 800 miles of one, but I’m an In-n-Out fanatic. Fortunately, my company’s home office in Dallas is 2 blocks from one, so I get my fix a few times a year. 

2x4, whole grilled onion, pickles, chilis, spread, well done Animal style fries, vanilla shake. 

Manna from heaven. ❤️

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zlinedavid said:

I don’t live within 800 miles of one, but I’m an In-n-Out fanatic. Fortunately, my company’s home office in Dallas is 2 blocks from one, so I get my fix a few times a year. 

2x4, whole grilled onion, pickles, chilis, spread, well done Animal style fries, vanilla shake. 

Manna from heaven. ❤️

I had In and Out last week while in Phoenix. I stop in every couple years. Have to say I was rather disappointed. It's a cheap burger. Even their milkshake disappointed. I'd go there over McDonald's but so many better choices out there now. I prefer Wendy's and BK among the fast food places. Even Steak n Shake. Portillo's, 5 guys and a host of others are several notches better. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zlinedavid said:

Manna from heaven. ❤️

They've built 3 or 4 around the Houston area... Closest to me is at The Woodlands Mall...it's always mobbed... 

I like In-N-Out ok... Double double animal style... 

But Whataburger still reigns supreme around here... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

They've built 3 or 4 around the Houston area... Closest to me is at The Woodlands Mall...it's always mobbed... 

I like In-N-Out ok... Double double animal style... 

But Whataburger still reigns supreme around here... 

Oh I know. If I ever need to intentionally piss off a room full of Texans, I just state my preference of In-n-Out over Whataburger. 😂

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

Oh I know. If I ever need to intentionally piss off a room full of Texans, I just state my preference of In-n-Out over Whataburger. 😂

Unless you're in Austin 🙂

I do like both... Whataburger has a sweet and spicy burger that's killer diller...

Burger King, at least down here, is the worst. Last 2 Whoppers I've gotten had stale buns and lettuce that was so wilted it probably would have given me the jakes for 2 weeks if I hadn't taken it off... 

Edited by IUFLA

• 1 month later...