Bell fired, Carey will be OC

KDB

19 minutes ago, Victobmyboy said:

Allen will be let go after the season. No way the University keeps him. The hat is out to help with the buyout. Pay next year’s salary(on the hook if we keep him) and pay the 12.5 million anyway. To many musical chairs. 

That’s a lot of cash to make him go away. I’d be surprised if they let him go tbh. 

1 minute ago, Stlboiler23 said:

If it were basketball (like Archie), it wouldn’t surprise me to see a buyout. Football is a different story. 

Football drives the bus. IU will move on this one. Same circumstances 2-3 years ago they don’t but this is a new era. Don’t compare us with PUke either. This one is getting a lot of attention. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Victobmyboy said:

Allen will be let go after the season. No way the University keeps him. The hat is out to help with the buyout. Pay next year’s salary(on the hook if we keep him) and pay the 12.5 million anyway. To many musical chairs. 

Is this speculation or have you heard something?

7 minutes ago, Victobmyboy said:

Football drives the bus. IU will move on this one. Same circumstances 2-3 years ago they don’t but this is a new era. Don’t compare us with PUke either. This one is getting a lot of attention. 

Spot on. Better have our feelers out and be ready to overwhelm someone with cash ala Colorado and coach Prime. Invest or be non-competitive in the new B1G. Hiring a mid major coach and hoping they catch lightning in a bottle won't cut it. Have someone from Kelley School of business consult on proper investment parameters. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Victobmyboy said:

I don't see the big donors wasting their money on football because they don't care enough about it

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I don't see the big donors wasting their money on football because they don't care enough about it

May not take that. Too much money coming from the media deal to hide. Dolson and the BOD will look stupid by acting as if there is no money. The fans are screaming. I’m pretty conservative when it comes to these things but this is beyond ridiculous. If you fire a guy like this it looks really bad on you. This means you had no faith in him from the beginning. TA needs to go. His schtick is over. 

• Like 1