Indiana vs UIndy Game Thread

IUFLA

When: Sunday, October 29th 1 PM EDT 

Where: Simon-Skjotd Assembly Hall, Bloomington, Indiana

TV: BTN+

At last! IU basketball!

4th year coach Paul Corsaro (56-28) leads his UIndy Greyhounds into Simon-Skjotd Assembly Hall off of a 26-5 season and a #1 seed in the DII Midwest Region. Corsaro received GLVC Coach of the Year honors in 2022-23. 

The Greyhounds return 4 of their top 5 scorers in 6'6 wing Jesse Bingham (16 ppg 27% from 3), 6'7 center Kendrick Tchoua (14 ppg), 6'3 guard Josiah Hines (8 ppg 42% from 3), and 6'3 guard Jarvis Walker (8 ppg 42% from 3).

The Greyhounds also picked up some size in 6'11 freshman Kelvin Amoako, 6'10 freshman Keinan McFarlande, and some experience in former GLVC Freshman of the Year 6'6 Dylan Ingram, former G-Mac (DII) Freshman of the Year 6'4 Zac Szul, and former All GLVC 2nd team selection 6'5 Paul Zilinskas.

Good warm up against a well coached, experienced team...

Go Hoosiers! 

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

45 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

The only D1 opponent UIndy faced last year was Western Kentucky (19-13 and did not play in the post season) losing 68-50. Khristian Lander had 6 points for the Hilltoppers...

BTW, anyone else pony up the $10 bucks for BTN+?

I totally forgot I bought an annual subscription to BTN+ last season.  Had not watched a thing on it since last December.

Of course i got notification if auto renewal last week.  So, yes I will be watching.

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 1

So now for my yearly rant against BTN+...

You can watch BTN+ on the following platforms...

B1G+ can be watched on most PC browsers by visiting: https://www.bigtenplus.com

You can download our B1G+ app via these devices:

Android phones or tablets
iPhones or iPads
Roku
Firestick
Apple TV
Xbox - no in-app payment option

Smart TV browsers do not support streaming B1G+ at the moment.

It's ridiculous that I can't download the BTN+ app to use on a Samsung (the largest TV manufacturer in the world) Smart TV, NOR can I use the browser Samsung includes to watch it...I also no longer see Chromecast on the list...Tried my Chromecast last night, and no joy...

If they ever want it to take off, wouldn't it make sense to make the app available to Samsung?

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

Smart TV browsers do not support streaming B1G+ at the moment.

It's ridiculous that I can't download the BTN+ app to use on a Samsung (the largest TV manufacturer in the world) Smart TV, NOR can I use the browser Samsung includes to watch it...I also no longer see Chromecast on the list...Tried my Chromecast last night, and no joy...

If they ever want it to take off, wouldn't it make sense to make the app available to Samsung?

Not when their heads are submerged up their arse.

• Like 1

I'm really looking forward to seeing this group together on the floor.  Sunday is my birthday, so getting IU basketball back is a great present.  I did pay the $ to watch this exhibition game and the next.  

There is plenty I'm looking forward to seeing:

* How do the newcomers look?

* Growth from Banks and Gunn

* Early signs of cohesion with so many new players

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

Woodson pre game media

Banks probably won't play Sunday plus other tidbits.  

Good stuff...Not one word about Kel'el...Guess we'll see Sunday...

Woody is not nearly as disdainful of the media as RMK was, but you can tell he don't mind poking at them...When one of them said something about the concern about his age when he first got hired...

"Well, only you guys was worrying about the age"

:) 

4 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Good stuff...Not one word about Kel'el...Guess we'll see Sunday...

Woody is not nearly as disdainful of the media as RMK was, but you can tell he don't mind poking at them...When one of them said something about the concern about his age when he first got hired...

"Well, only you guys was worrying about the age"

:) 

I probably should have included Kel'el specifically in my mentions of what I am looking forward to seeing Sunday.  You can count me in the concerned category with him.  I hope he proves all those doubts people have 100% wrong.  

20 hours ago, Parakeet Jones said:

I probably should have included Kel'el specifically in my mentions of what I am looking forward to seeing Sunday.  You can count me in the concerned category with him.  I hope he proves all those doubts people have 100% wrong.  

It took a while for X to get Woody's version of basketball...The "playing hard" part we saw progress in Malik's game last year...We know what he did with Trayce...So I'm confident he can eventually help Kel'el get on the right path...The kid oozes with potential...

Edited by IUFLA

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

It took a while for X to get Woody's version of basketball...The "playing hard" part we saw progress in Malik's game last year...We know what he did with Trayce...So I'm confident he can eventually help Kel'el get on the right path...The kid oozes with potential...

If anyone can unlock that potential, it’s Woody. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

I agree. How do you schedule this the same time as the Colts play?  It’s unfathomable to me. 

Yeah, I just.. I don't even have words for the stupidity. 

I mean.. play the game at 11AM. You'd have a huge audience then. Not even a European NFL game this week. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 1

I'm pumped.  Interested to see if we come right out with XJ, Galloway, Mbako, Ware, Reneau.  I assume so.  Interested to see how Mbako looks on the wing.  I would think Reneau would eat them alive inside.  Definitely excited to see what Ware looks like.  I'm still a little confused why we are at the bottom of the others receiving votes in the preseason poll.  I mean, I understand the argument is a lot of loss of players and new faces, but still say that is most of college bball.  Still say expectations for three 5 stars, XJ, and Galloway outta be pretty high.  

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, BeerBQ said:

Anyone know if the standard BTN will replay the game at all? I’ll be out all day so it isn’t worth the money to watch it for me. 

I don't remember them doing that in years past...Usually stays on BTN+...

2 minutes ago, BGleas said:

If I breakdown and buy BIG+ today, can I essentially watch the game whenever I want?

Plan would be to watch the Eagles game at 1pm, then just watch this later today. 

Yes, it'll be available on demand when you want to see it...

Edited by IUFLA

1 hour ago, Parakeet Jones said:

I agree. How do you schedule this the same time as the Colts play?  It’s unfathomable to me. 

The Bears don't play until tonight, but if they did play at 1 EDT, the IU game, even an exhibition, would be like a shot of Demerol to soothe that pain :)  

• Haha 1