Xavier Johnson's Injury

6 minutes ago, psychobat said:

Was it the same foot that he broke last year?  That's one of the things that worries me the most.  He did actually look like he was walking better as he left the floor at the end of the game.

Last night it looked like his left foot, and I think last year it was his right foot….anyone know for sure?

We won’t know till probably the Uconn game…though he looked to be walking better in the handshake line and nobody was helping him into the locker room. With that said, some times this team plays better without X (no, I’m not saying X isn’t good) I’m simply stating that Cupps can fill the role more than adequately and we may see some brighter spots. 

of course,hoping X is healthy and is playing on Sunday.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, landrus13 said:

Broke his right foot last year.

Thanks, that’s what I thought. So I guess the good news is it’s not the same foot, but he could still be out for multiple games.

Cupps should be fine running the show at point, but we’ll miss XJ’s offense, since he’s capable of getting 20 pts any given game. Doubt, we’ll get that from Cupps at this stage of his young career. 

Edited by Hoosier4Life53

Ok, this idea is so crazy it just might work.  We are going to be quite the underdog against UConn and a loss there wont hurt us too much....so, strap a boot on X and have him sit. Tell the rest of the team (looking at you guards) "Our 15th year senior PG is out and we are playing the defending National Champions. Nobody expects us to win this game. So, men, go out and play the way you know how. No pressure, just do your job on the floor. Play loose, have fun and beat the fleas off them Huskies!"

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, 3Ballin said:

Ok, this idea is so crazy it just might work.  We are going to be quite the underdog against UConn and a loss there wont hurt us too much....so, strap a boot on X and have him sit. Tell the rest of the team (looking at you guards) "Our 15th year senior PG is out and we are playing the defending National Champions. Nobody expects us to win this game. So, men, go out and play the way you know how. No pressure, just do your job on the floor. Play loose, have fun and beat the fleas off them Huskies!"

Just asking since I don't know, but could he apply for another medical exemption if he is out for long??  🙄

Hopefully just a sprain. If he was walking in the handshake line I'm not worried.  Ankles have always been my weak point and I've sprained each 5-6 times each. And when it happens they swell up to the size of softballs and turn purple, green and yellow. Been to ER several times. I take EVERYTHING to the next level. 

Edited by mrflynn03
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Just asking since I don't know, but could he apply for another medical exemption if he is out for long??  🙄

Maybe? 🤷‍♂️. Ive heard of a couple other guys that were showing off their college themed aarp card. I think there's a guy at Townson that was in college durring Obamas first term. 

• Haha 4

14 hours ago, 3Ballin said:

I pictured Shooter ... drunk off arse... sayin this...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3