UConn post game thread

Reacher

11 minutes ago, IU_Realist said:

The big bad refs are always out to get IU which is said every year and is just fan stupidity.  

Have you not read this thread? It's filled with people mostly discussing what the players and coaches did wrong or poorly. 

Criticism of the team has probably been 95% of the commentary. Not the refs. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I haven't read through all of the post game threads, heck, I didn't get to watch the game live due to work.  However, here is my thing just regarding the program....  Woodson was not the perfect hire, never was and never will be.  However, he has raised the profile of this program with recruits and the spirit of the program.  On the flip side, he struggles with the modern game and adapting to it.  Can he, I'm sure he can, but he has a team that does not fit his style of play.  I do think it can be fixed, because his style needs to have a majority of players who have experience in it or defensive fundamentals and IQ.  

Saying all of that, I do think it can get turned around with the talent that this team has.  X missed a TON of time last season and is still working his way back.  Also, last years team played fairly well defensively as a unit.  They weren't perfect, but played well together.  This team doesn't have that, and with time I think will get much improved.  Unfortunately my biggest concern is the offense that doesn't fit this team, and I don't think more experience will really improve.  

It's a mixed bag and hopefully the ship can get righted.  I'm not saying Woodson is the answer, but we are in a better spot overall than before.  Sucks to lose the way we did and sucks to be playing how the team is, but I do think the team can get much better.  Might not, but I think this team is too talented.  Can truly go either way.  

• Like 2