Michigan Pre-Game Thread

IUFLA

8 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I couldn't find the answer to your question. 

From what I've been able to find, it's not perfect. I'm 99% sure you can watch the entire game after it's over. 

But from what I can tell, you can't record it or do "start from the beginning" while the game is in progress. 

If you miss the start, you'd need to wait until it's over to watch it from the beginning. 

44 minutes ago, BGleas said:

From what I've been able to find, it's not perfect. I'm 99% sure you can watch the entire game after it's over. 

But from what I can tell, you can't record it or do "start from the beginning" while the game is in progress. 

If you miss the start, you'd need to wait until it's over to watch it from the beginning. 

It doesn’t work like that for EPL

have to wait for replay to appear below live games an hour or so after 

Not ideal 

I'm not expecting great things tonight, especially if we don't have XJ. Mainly just because it's our first true road game and our first Big Ten road game. 

It's crazy hard to win on the road, as we saw across the country and in the Big Ten last weekend. 

Regardless of how Michigan has played of late, it's a tall task. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, BGleas said:

Assuming Peacock is like all of the other streaming services where you can start the game on-demand whenever you want?

I think you can pause, rewind, etc. during the game if you start late.  I logged on during a live football game a couple of weeks back just because I wanted to know how it would work.  It joined live, but IIRC I could pause and even rewind to parts of the game before I started watching.  I sure hope so because my kid has her first orchesta concert tonight and I probably won't be home by 9:00 (of all days).  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, HoosierMama said:

I think you can pause, rewind, etc. during the game if you start late.  I logged on during a live football game a couple of weeks back just because I wanted to know how it would work.  It joined live, but IIRC I could pause and even rewind to parts of the game before I started watching.  I sure hope so because my kid has her first orchesta concert tonight and I probably won't be home by 9:00 (of all days).  

Yeah from what I can tell, you can't start from the beginning if you pick the game up mid-way through the broadcast, but you can rewind it to the beginning. 

Enjoy the concert!

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Yeah from what I can tell, you can't start from the beginning if you pick the game up mid-way through the broadcast, but you can rewind it to the beginning. 

Enjoy the concert!

Yeah, it's a pain in the butt.  I've had Peacock for a couple of years for their IndyCar coverage, and if I'm not there for the start of qualifying, I'm screwed. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, BGleas said:

I'm not expecting great things tonight, especially if we don't have XJ. Mainly just because it's our first true road game and our first Big Ten road game. 

It's crazy hard to win on the road, as we saw across the country and in the Big Ten last weekend. 

Regardless of how Michigan has played of late, it's a tall task. 

I’m not surprised by the line…we match up really well against Maryland because they basically play 3 bigs like us..with Michigan more perimeter oriented and a good shooting team 7.5 seems about right.

• Like 1

Not gonna indulge Peacock. I’m going to listen to Don Fischer and follow the Twitter thread. Hopefully they can dictate the flow of the game- if it’s pounding inside, there’s a chance. If it is a perimeter game, not as much of a chance. It would be a great time for TG and MM to get hot from 3. 

2 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Just from what ive read, sounds like the full game doesn't for on-demand watching until 45 minutes to an hour after it's over, and I think you still can't skip commercials. 

Seems to me the point of paying a subscription fee should negate the need for commercials

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Just from what ive read, sounds like the full game doesn't for on-demand watching until 45 minutes to an hour after it's over, and I think you still can't skip commercials. 

I was just looking around at a recording of a game on there. I think you can skip a lot of the commercials within the game, but they have built in spots that plays a dynamic (I assume at least) Peacock ad, not the commercial in the game. Perhaps since it is only on Peacock those are the only commercials, though. 

• Like 2