Michigan Pre-Game Thread

IUFLA

28 minutes ago, Purdue7 said:

Are you guys 100% DVR and catch up?

It just depends on what I have going on. I prefer to watch live all things being equal, but if I can prioritize with kids or wife and watch later I'll do that a lot of the time. In this instance, my wife goes to bed around 10 most nights I could easily wait until then and be done by 11:15 or so if this game was on YTTV.

Basically, I try to plan my personal hobbies around the rest of the families schedule when it makes sense and is easy. 

Just now, KoB2011 said:

It appears this option cost $6 more a month. 

Before anyone coughs it up, I'm not positive that works either.  I remember reading that obvious part about not being able to fast forward commercials during live events.  Would have to read in the faq section to confirm.  I can't find anything definite.   

32 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Before anyone coughs it up, I'm not positive that works either.  I remember reading that obvious part about not being able to fast forward commercials during live events.  Would have to read in the faq section to confirm.  I can't find anything definite.   

I coughed it up and looked at a replay of another game, and you could skip commercials. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

My thoughts on peacock..

images(4).jpeg.61459651f9c14a6b6e2231ef75c6d2e8.jpeg

When I was a kid my Mom had a large vase of 5-6' foot tall peacock feathers in the corner of the living room. It was huge. Apparently that used to be a 'thing' back in the 50's. Very Victorian in a British type of way. I always thought it was weird. Death to Peacocks.

Edited by Officer Obie

Gents…

my wife yesterday: hey babe I subscribed to the peacock network. There’s some shows on there I’ll watch eventually. 

me: you’re kidding right? (I’m literally a tight wad at the dumbest things)

wife: no, maybe you’ll find something on there to watch.

me: well IU plays at Michigan Tuesday night. Matter of fact hun they have 5 games this year on that exact network. Thank you!

wife: 😩 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, iuthruandthru said:

I got a Black Friday deal of Peacock Premium for a year for $20.  I got it specifically for the IU games.

They also had that same deal at $1.99 per month. Only need 4 months to cover the IU bball games. Figured I spend $8 on way dumber things than watching IU basketball games.

• Like 2

This game should be another good test. Even though Michigan isn’t an elite team, they seem uniquely designed to exploit IU’s weaknesses, especially with X out.

On offense they’ve been elite at shooting the 3, elite at offensive rebounding, and have a quick guard who’s good at distributing/scoring. Those have been IUs biggest weaknesses on defense. 

On defense they’re bad at everything except they don’t send other teams to the line very much and have an ok 2 point defense. Those have been IU’s strengths on offense.

This is about a bad of a matchup we can have. The matchup, plus it being on the road, plus X being out and I fully understand why Vegas has the line where they do. Finding a way to win this game would show immense progress from where we were even two weeks ago.