• K. Banks
    • A. Walker
    • P. Sparks
    • A. Leal
    • CJ Gunn
    • X. Johnson

6 hours ago, IUFLA said:

I thought about Ware and Gunn...

But down the stretch when we needed buckets, Malik was the one that produced... Even in spite of a couple of knucklehead plays

I can see that.  

Man.. Malik could be an absolute walking bucket next year.  So much more explosive. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, DWB said:

Ware. Scored when it mattered, gave us a GREAT start, and his D affected multiple shots, and his game ending block was super.

Also played better D than Malik, who I think was a close 2nd to Ware for MVP.

3 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

i didn't see the first half and admittedly a stats guy, so it's hard for me to say Gunn was the most valuable player of that game, so a little surprised he is going to win.  i'm obviously in the minority here, but i'd go with both Malik and Ware over him.  i went Reneau.    

This is exactly how I saw it. I think Ware+Malik were our MVPs.. Wares 2nd foul was when UM made their run. 

In general, I don't necessarily think all of us have the same interpretation of "mvp" or vote in the same way. (Not really a big deal) ....I think some vote--- "how did they play vs what is our expectation level for that specific player." 

Simply, put, and lord as always, IMO-- Gunn isn't the MVP last night. He IS the guy who played the most above their expectation level. That doesn't equate to MVP to me, but no worries that others vote that way. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

In general, I don't necessarily think all of us have the same interpretation of "mvp" or vote in the same way. (Not really a big deal) ....I think some vote--- "how did they play vs what is our expectation level for that specific player." 

True we all have different expectations and measurements. For me it’s not just performance against expectation, it’s more who stepped up to the challenge! Ware is THE challenge for most opposition I’m not eager to reward someone for just performing in fact arguably Ware and Malik performed slightly under expectations. Malik was getting owned on defense. With X down is was next man up! Trey wasn’t the guy, Cupps did step up admirably but I went with CJ because his play at times changed the game! 

3 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

True we all have different expectations and measurements. For me it’s not just performance against expectation, it’s more who stepped up to the challenge! Ware is THE challenge for most opposition I’m not eager to reward someone for just performing in fact arguably Ware and Malik performed slightly under expectations. Malik was getting owned on defense. With X down is was next man up! Trey wasn’t the guy, Cupps did step up admirably but I went with CJ because his play at times changed the game! 

Hey I get it! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BGleas said:

I went Ware above Reneau mainly for the defensive end. Both had good games for the most part, but that kid on Michigan was cooking Reneau and it wasn't until we switched Ware onto him that we regained control of the game. 

Yeah, I wasn’t voting for Malik bc of the four turnovers, getting cooked on D, some head-scratching decisions, and missing so many open shooters by refusing to kick it out. But with that said…. He played hard and had some big buckets. 

Edited by kyhoosier29
  • Like 3

I picked Ware. Malik had 4 turnovers. Ware was slightly more efficient (6-10 vs 6-11 - Malik did have 2 more free throws). Ware had 2 more rebounds. It was also his D that came up big in a few key spots. @BGleas mentioned Woodys coaching putting Ware on the guy that was torching Malik. Both had good games, along with several others. I wonder if anyone has pointed out to CJ that he was the fans MVP on HSN? 😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Reacher said:

I picked Ware. Malik had 4 turnovers. Ware was slightly more efficient (6-10 vs 6-11 - Malik did have 2 more free throws). Ware had 2 more rebounds. It was also his D that came up big in a few key spots. @BGleas mentioned Woodys coaching putting Ware on the guy that was torching Malik. Both had good games, along with several others. I wonder if anyone has pointed out to CJ that he was the fans MVP on HSN? 😁

Somebody should! It’s crazy the little things that can jump start somebody. Just knowing he got recognition and it was appreciated. Any of you married men relate? 😂

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kyhoosier29 said:

Somebody should! It’s crazy the little things that can jump start somebody. Just knowing he got recognition and it was appreciated. Any of you married men relate? 😂

My wife gave me an atta boy, since I found my socks, in the sock drawer without asking her. I walked a little taller at work today! 

• Haha 4