A Couple of Polls

IUFLA

10 Game In Polls  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Will IU finish top 5 in the Big 10?

2. 2. Will IU make the NCAA Tournament?

4 minutes ago, Kdug said:

That team went 9-11 in the big ten and finished with four Q1 wins, two of those coming in the BTT. They also had an incredibly weak non-con schedule. I don’t think we’ll be able to make it with that big ten record, but that just shows that you can get in with a mediocre resume.

Yeah, if you're on the bubble you can get in.

There's also things that can happen outside of your control that causes you not to get in, and we'll have no one to blame but ourselves if that happens.

I think the concern that a lot of folks have, or maybe it's just me, is we've put ourselves in a position where being safely in (like 9 seed or higher) is going to require a particularly strong conference showing. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, go_iu_bb said:

You're often critical of the discussions on message boards and the fan base in general. Why do you come to the boards? Think about that answer and then realize it might not be the same for everyone. Also remember that even most (I won't say all) of the critical posters want the same thing that you do: for IU to win lots of games as well as both conference and national championships.

I guess I am just mellowing the older I get and try to not let every game effect me. In my 20's I wouldn't ever thought I would be thinking like this. Back then every lost killed me and was a pain in the ass to be around.  I couldn't stand losers and thought there was no room in this world for losers.

I guess when I look back I now feel so blessed to actually see my team be elite and win championships. By the time I was 22 I saw 3 championships and 5 final fours. I now look and see how fortunate that is because I know people older and me never seen a championship.

To me I think we as IU fans think we are entitled to winning championships but I think we are no more entitled than anyone else.

Lastly I don't mind critiques of our play but it is the over the top posters calling for coaches heads after a year or two. I am just getting tired of coaching searches or just the talk of the job security of our coach 

• Like 2

Just now, KoB2011 said:

Yeah, if you're on the bubble you can get in.

There's also things that can happen outside of your control that causes you not to get in, and we'll have no one to blame but ourselves if that happens.

I think the concern that a lot of folks have, or maybe it's just me, is we've put ourselves in a position where being safely in (like 9 seed or higher) is going to require a particularly strong conference showing. 

Agreed that we’ll have to play well in conference. I just think a lot of people have a misperception on what the resumes of bubble teams look like. A lot of bubble teams end up with 2 or 3 Q1 wins, some of them having none in the non-con.

1 minute ago, Kdug said:

Agreed that we’ll have to play well in conference. I just think a lot of people have a misperception on what the resumes of bubble teams look like. A lot of bubble teams end up with 2 or 3 Q1 wins, some of them having none in the non-con.

I think that's fair, but I also think you can just as easily find examples on the wrong side of the bubble with similar resumes. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I guess I am just mellowing the older I get and try to not let every game effect me. In my 20's I wouldn't ever thought I would be thinking like this. Back then every lost killed me and was a pain in the ass to be around.  I couldn't stand losers and thought there was no room in this world for losers.

I guess when I look back I now feel so blessed to actually see my team be elite and win championships. By the time I was 22 I saw 3 championships and 5 final fours. I now look and see how fortunate that is because I know people older and me never seen a championship.

To me I think we as IU fans think we are entitled to winning championships but I think we are no more entitled than anyone else.

Lastly I don't mind critiques of our play but it is the over the top posters calling for coaches heads after a year or two. I am just getting tired of coaching searches or just the talk of the job security of our coach 

Has it occurred to you that some of the "critical" comments aren't coming from people that are in bad moods or that let the results of IU games impact their lives?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, IU Scott said:

we don't agree on much, but i do think we both miss the good old Hoosiers days!  i decided i'm not even gonna argue with people on the board anymore.  it's just not worth it.  that said, as one poster who is considered negative, it doesn't mean i don't enjoy IU bball.  i hope for excellence from my sports teams and am often critical of poor play or coaching.  i just struggle to say nice try or good effort when i see a bad product.  i don't go around punching babies or cursing the world because of it.  i still look forward to every game!

• Like 4