• K. Ware
    • G. Cupps
    • CJ Gunn
    • K. Banks
    • A. Walker
    • P. Sparks
    • A. Leal

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/09/2024 at 05:23 AM

This will sound negative, but XJ played at the level he *should*. I think his performance today looks better because of the turd laid at Nebraska. Today should be the norm— he’s just too good and experienced to not be more consistent.

Malik gets my vote because he took the scoring load and made the game his.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, MoyeCowbell said:

This will sound negative, but XJ played at the level he *should*. I think his performance today looks better because of the turd laid at Nebraska. Today should be the norm— he’s just too good and experienced to not be more consistent.

Malik gets my vote because he took the scoring load and made the game his.

Malik is the MVP, but people are just excited to see X play well for once.  He is the most important player on this team for sure.  If he plays well, we can be good.  

2 hours ago, NCHoosier32 said:

Malik is the MVP, but people are just excited to see X play well for once.  He is the most important player on this team for sure.  If he plays well, we can be good.  

Don't get me wrong, I am too. I thought he played with great pace and energy last night. It's the attacking element that both TG and Cupps lack*, which is extremely important with this roster construction.

*or more fairly put, is simply just better at

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, MoyeCowbell said:

Don't get me wrong, I am too. I thought he played with great pace and energy last night. It's the attacking element that both TG and Cupps lack*, which is extremely important with this roster construction.

31 minutes ago, MoyeCowbell said:

oh, i was agreeing with you though.  i voted Malik.  he was the MVP.  it was good to see X and Gunn play well though!

Had to go X.  However a switch is being flipped before our very eyes with Malik.  If he would lock in defensively and rebound, he could be an all American next year.  In that last 10 minutes he brought the ball down the court, hit a three, dunked a lob that was really difficult and made it look easy and of course balled out in the post like 3 times.  Still takes defensive plays off and just fails to even attempt to rebound if the ball isn't right around him.  With his attributes I'd be studying Barkley and Rodman on what and how they went after rebounds.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, NotIThatLives said:

Had to go X.  However a switch is being flipped before our very eyes with Malik.  If he would lock in defensively and rebound, he could be an all American next year.  In that last 10 minutes he brought the ball down the court, hit a three, dunked a lob that was really difficult and made it look easy and of course balled out in the post like 3 times.  Still takes defensive plays off and just fails to even attempt to rebound if the ball isn't right around him.  With his attributes I'd be studying Barkley and Rodman on what and how they went after rebounds.  

Agree with this.  He has a great shooting touch, is a real strong presence and is more consistent than most.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, NCHoosier32 said:

Malik was great on O in the second half but his lack of D / rebounding led to several baskets. X provided the toughness and took Thornton out of the game in addition to his scoring. My MVP. I'd say Gunn was my runner up for what he did on both ends. 

X was a +16, Gunn +11 and Malik +6.

Edited by Reacher
  • Like 2