Penn State Game Thread

KDB

1 minute ago, Hoosier987 said:

Same with Mgbako…Woodson lost, per usual.

Yeah he had the auto bench too, but I was ok with it for him in this instance because it forces us to go a bit smaller, and he wasn’t playing particularly well. Ware was dominating the game on both ends.

Played decently for 15 minutes and actually played hard from the start. Woodson once again screwed his team by automatically bench a guy with two fouls. Bob Knight is probably rolling in his grave watching Woodson totally go against how RMK coached.

• Like 1

Just now, Kdug said:

Yeah he had the auto bench too, but I was ok with it for him in this instance because it forces us to go a bit smaller, and he wasn’t playing particularly well. Ware was dominating the game on both ends.

Most would’ve preferred to have had Mgbako at the 4 all season….

• Like 2

Just now, IU Scott said:

Played decently for 15 minutes and actually played hard from the start. Woodson once again screwed his team by automatically bench a guy with two fouls. Bob Knight is probably rolling in his grave watching Woodson totally go against how RMK coached.

Difference in the game. Ace Baldwin had 2 fouls and played all 20 min. Woodson is somehow thoroughly convinced this is the way to go. Seems like he’s hell bent on going this route even if it means going down with the ship.

1 minute ago, Hoosier987 said:

Most would’ve preferred to have had Mgbako at the 4 all season….

Absolutely, but I’ve just given up on that. Seems like that’ll only happen if we’re absolutely forced to

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Reacher said:

Both teams have 12 field goals. Their lead solely due to 3s and FTs 

Screenshot_20240224_120859_Chrome.jpg

As a percentage, the free throws are actually relatively even, which is a win for this team. PSU just has one extra possession from committing 3 fewer turnovers minus the 2 extra offensive rebounds we have. The threes, as usual, are what is killing us.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

I can’t stand Baldwin, drama and flops left and right. But Ware did put his hands on him unnecessarily.

Yeah, but that virtually never gets called. Not a smart play by Ware to put himself in that position with no benefit, but that’s never called a foul. And Baldwin threw his head back for no reason which is the classic sign of a flop.

Edited by Kdug
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

You go from watching our game and then turn in the Houston and Baylor game and it doesn't even look like the same level.  The quality of play in the big ten isn't even close to the big 12

Even if today's game was Purdue vs Illinois the quality of play would be a level below. The big ten is happy playing garbage bully ball.

• Sad 1