Nebraska Post Game

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

What an incredibly disappointing season.  Without changes, I have no excitement for next year.

Hard to get excited when the man leading the way refuses to change anything. 

Edited by Hoosier987
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, Hoosier987 said:

This game perfectly summarizes why Indiana had such an atrocious NET ranking.

Can’t win in today’s modern game, playing the style we play.

As much as I like and respect Leal and Cupps, they were scoreless on 0-5 from the field. Not going to win many games with that type of guard play. 

Now we wait to see who stays and who goes, and who we bring in through the portal. I don’t think anyone is a lock to come back other than Leal and Galloway, but I would expect Cupps and Sparks to return. At this point, I’d be surprised if MgBacko and Reneau are back.

Edited by Hoosier4Life53

Just now, Hoosier4Life53 said:

As much as I like and respect Leal and Cupps, they were scoreless on 0-5 from the field. Not going to win many games with that type of guard play. 

Now we wait to see who stays and who goes, and who we bring in through the portal. I don’t think anyone is lock to come back other than Leal and Galloway, but I would expect Cupps and Sparks to return. At this point, I’d be surprised if MgBacko and Reneau are back.

Forgot Sparks 13th man

Tominaga went off. Many of his shots were unreal - well contested. But still, there were also plenty of early looks from 3 where we didn't contest or didn't defend well. There were multiple times where we had guys drifting off and helping (?) off three point shooters toward the ball in the post or midrange with already-covered Nebraska players. Let those guys beat you one-on-one and suffocate any shooters at the arc. So much lack of awareness on this team.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The irony of CMW showing enough passion to get ejected, ( what even happened ?)

CJ Gunn scoring at will the last quarter of the game

Hitting 100% from FT line

All this in a 27-point-blow-out-to-end-the-season. 

Love Galloway and Leal. indiana kids thru and thru. Not going to be able to build a competitive team around just the two of them. Feels like things could be tense over the next couple weeks, while we sit back and watch our two most hated rivals contend for the Title. 
And good Ol U of L just to our south potentially poaching our “dream coach”

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Rev_AK said:

The irony of CMW showing enough passion to get ejected, ( what even happened ?)

CJ Gunn scoring at will the last quarter of the game

Hitting 100% from FT line

All this in a 27-point-blow-out-to-end-the-season. 

Love Galloway and Leal. indiana kids thru and thru. Not going to be able to build a competitive team around just the two of them. Feels like things could be tense over the next couple weeks, while we sit back and watch our two most hated rivals contend for the Title. 
And good Ol U of L just to our south potentially poaching our “dream coach”

Galloway and Leal shouldnt even see the floor until the last 3 mins on a good team.

• Like 2

Watching Assembly Call and one of their interns is in Minneapolis. He said after the game YA got the whole team together on the court and said it was very emotional. He doesn't know what was said but it was probably the last time that team will be together

• Like 1