Nebraska Post Game

Cignetti could well continue the IU-football suck tradition, but compare his interviews/pressers since arriving in Bloomington with Woodson. CMW has been here 3 full seasons and seems like he has no direction, on conviction, no vision, no plan. It will be a miracle if this offseason puts us in position for next year to be anything other than a catastrophic train wreck.

• Like 7
  • Sad 2

9 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Watching Assembly Call and one of their interns is in Minneapolis. He said after the game YA got the whole team together on the court and said it was very emotional. He doesn't know what was said but it was probably the last time that team will be together

We can only hope.

7 hours ago, IUCrazy2 said:

What an incredibly disappointing season.  Without changes, I have no excitement for next year.

so frustrating.  still can't say this team didn't have talent.  honestly thought we were a top 25 team coming in.  hate that the NIT has become like football bowl games.  no one wants to play because they are already moving on before the season really officially ends.  people can say we are young.  okay, let's play in the NIT and get experience.  well, no because almost none of these guys will be back.  so next year's excuse will be that we have all these new faces.  takes time for them to gel.  ugh.  sucks so bad that we are going to postpone getting the right coach for another season.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, jojo123 said:

Woody should just keep walking into the night and retire. What a mess this season was. 

it was so cool watching him walking away in the tunnel.  i was thinking maybe he was realizing this whole thing just wasn't working.  maybe it's not worth it to him anymore?  someone convince him to say it is health reasons or family.  whatever.  just do it now!

• Like 3

Everything came together during this game in spectacular fashion in this clown show.

1. This team is not built for back to back games. Why? Zero bench. Instead of building confidence up and molding them into players; he decided to waste them on the bench. They needed playing time just to have them ready for a tournament run to give rest time for the starters. Instead, we wore down and had no legs in the end.

2. Ware was useless because no adjustments were made to get him the ball. Instead, he puts the ball in the hands of a declining player MR. who had as many rebounds as fouls.

3 Cupps never improved over the year and was costly. His stat line is pathetic for this time of the year. This can be contributed to CMW's system or lack of.

4. The waste of the portal: Claiming Sparks instead of a shooting guard and leaving an open scholarship set the team up for failure. CMW put too much stock in a player that had serious issues. Again, another player who never improved under CMW.

5. Lack of defense. Our best defense was when the opposition had a cold shooting night. The problems were never fixed allowing for many breakdowns in this game.

6. The cherry on top: The ref's were horrible the entire year, yet Mike stands on the sidelines and allows it to take place without supporting the players. That is...until the last game of the season when he can't take the beat down anymore, he decides to exit stage left with over 5 mins to play. What timing! How can one have any respect for such a foolish move?

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

I listened to the post game interview with Rosemond.  Right from the start it was Woodson-esque - excuses followed by the old "we don't make excuses".  Injuries, lack of preparation time, blah blah blah.  At least he didn't cry about being tired from travel.

Regarding the ejection, two things: 1) As Woodson slowly walked off, it was the first time he just looked old.  2) It was interesting to compare Underwood's behavior at the refs in the earlier game to whatver it was that got Woodson tossed.  Working the refs works but you can't wait untilMarch to start.

Overall disgusting performance, lackluster season, and lowest optimism level I can remember. Pew.

Edited by Zuckerkorn
  • Like 2

After all is said and done I appreciate that our players did not quit. They went on the five game winning streak, against teams predicted to bet us, even when the chips were down and the likelihood of a NCAA tournament birth was slim to none. At the end of the day you can tell that players care and their season wasn't what they wanted. I don't think anyone can question whether or not our players truly cared about winning and wanting success. I urge people to listen to Mgbako during the press conference. I time stamped it to start when he's asked a question. He looks like a kid living in the moment and willing to grow from these losses. When asked about the loss he said "I had all hopes we would win. It hurts the we lost" and he looks visibly upset. 

Edited by SawatchHoosier
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, jojo123 said:

With our inside game. It’s just hard for me to believe Woody couldn’t even find a Matt Roth to knock down threes? It’s really not that complicated Woody. 

The only thing Woodson knows how to find is a paycheck.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, John S said:

True.  But his shooting stroke is so much better than X, TG, AL and Sparks for example.   

Watching last night while recovering from the flu made the game not so bad in the scheme of things. To this point, CJ seems to only play well when the game is decided because that’s the position he’s put in by his coach. He isn’t constrained by archaic offense and can play freer basketball when he’s inserted and they’re down 20. When he goes somewhere with a modern, free-flowing offense, he will look so much better than he has here. Confidence and system matter. And Woodson taking that ejection should’ve gotten him fired as soon as he hit the locker room. What a chicken *#+&.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1