2024/2025 portal/late decommits IU is interested in

3 minutes ago, Maedhros said:

Aaron Bradshaw is the first Wildcat into the portal. Kel'el Ware should give him a call.

Mackenzie's teammate in AAU  and fits a need....hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Edited by Seeking6
  • Like 4

56 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

and Oumar Ballo (Arizona) 

Perfect fit:

Ballo's size at 7-feet and 260 pounds makes him a difficult player for opponents to manage. He averaged 12.9 points and 10.1 rebounds in 2023-24 for Arizona on 65.8% shooting. There isn't much versatility to his game, and Ballo's free-throw shooting dipped to a career-worst 49.5% this past season. But he's a productive bruiser with a proven track record at an elite program. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Between2Halls said:

They have reached out to Bradshaw. 

'Bradshaw entered Kentucky as the No. 5 overall player in the Class of 2023, per 247Sports. Though he struggled to carve out a consistent role with the Wildcats, his upside remains clear and he should be heavily pursued. As a towering athlete, he could be like this year's version of Kel'El Ware. After playing off the bench as a touted freshman at Oregon, Ware transferred to Indiana and shined as a sophomore."

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/college-basketball-transfer-portal-2024-ranking-top-60-players-as-aaron-bradshaw-oumar-ballo-test-waters/

I don't think we want to bring in another big who is a low post player especially if we still start two bigs. I think a guy like Bradshaw might fit what we  need and that is a rim runner and a guy who scored off offensive rebounds. I don't know if we need a Payne or Ballo type unless they come as a backup. Those two aren't going anywhere to be a backup 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

I don't think we want to bring in another big who is a low post player especially if we still start two bigs. I think a guy like Bradshaw might fit what we  need and that is a rim runner and a guy who scored off offensive rebounds. I don't know if we need a Payne or Ballo type unless they come as a backup. Those two aren't going anywhere to be a backup 

I'd imagine Bradshaw would most likely come off the bench as well. Hard to say at this point..

3 hours ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Perfect fit:

Ballo's size at 7-feet and 260 pounds makes him a difficult player for opponents to manage. He averaged 12.9 points and 10.1 rebounds in 2023-24 for Arizona on 65.8% shooting. There isn't much versatility to his game, and Ballo's free-throw shooting dipped to a career-worst 49.5% this past season. But he's a productive bruiser with a proven track record at an elite program. 

I’d much rather have him than Bradshaw.

43 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Don’t disagree. Bradshaw is a project. Doesn’t like contact or rebound well. Ballo is a dude. 

Issue with Ballo is then you have to players in your starting 5 that can not switch off and help on the perimeter. He and Reneau have no lateral ability…imo a super athletic rim runner/rim protector that can step out and hit jumpers and move a bit on the perimeter is the best case scenario to pair with Reneau. It’s just so tough to play a guy like Reneau at the 4…a traditional low post big who can’t rebound and can’t defend….thats just a tough player to build a team around. 

• Like 2