2024/2025 portal/late decommits IU is interested in

2 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Connor Essegian will be visiting tomorrow

I know we need a shooter but not sure how many minutes will be available for him. I think Leal, with his knowledge of the system / IQ might be a better option.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

Better than an empty seat on the bench. 

Exactly, and if he makes strides in the offseason, who knows. If nothing else, he seems like a good locker room guy and will help our guys in practice to guard the perimeter. 

7 minutes ago, Reacher said:

I know we need a shooter but not sure how many minutes will be available for him. I think Leal, with his knowledge of the system / IQ might be a better option.

In four years, Leal has made 25 threes. Essegian as a freshman, before his back injury (which is supposedly healthy), made 69. Leal is a 65% FT shooter, Essegian is 89%. He also has two years eligibility. He's shown he can come into games and knock down 3 threes in about 6 minutes. 

If healthy, he's a better option off the bench than Leal. He has a high Bball IQ. He'd pick things up quickly. 

Neither are good defenders. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

I'm happy when IU gets their guy.  And, I'll always be a Hoosier fan.  But, man I'll take a team like Indiana State had this year every time over one that was constructed in the mold of George Steinbrenner's Yankees (youngsters can google him).

If a genie were to grant me my college basketball wish, I would put the game back like it was before free agency.

Oh, and you guys can get off my lawn!

Surprised you even have a lawn for ppl to get off of. All the alimony you have to pay with 9 ex wives. 

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Dirty, but I like it.  I hope the NIL system crashes and burns.

I hope it’s here forever. lol. 

honestly every IU fan should support NIL bc it’s the vehicle to get back to prominence. Without it there is no hope. The Dukes etc of the world will still be paying for the top players and IU would always be an afterthought. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Reacher said:

I see where you're coming from, but Leal usually seems hesitant to pull the trigger. Essegian, when healthy, seems more like a sniper ready to let it fly. Just my impression. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

If they are female  codes the recruits probably wouldn't mind you coming around

when the sun comes out so do the bikinis. plenty for recruits to look at. ha a couple of houses on 3rd had traffic backed up.

Edited by Indykev

29 minutes ago, Feathery said:

I hope it’s here forever. lol. 

honestly every IU fan should support NIL bc it’s the vehicle to get back to prominence. Without it there is no hope. The Dukes etc of the world will still be paying for the top players and IU would always be an afterthought. 

I know.  It just feels like it's out of control and needs a major correction.  Paying a kid $1.2 million to play ball while he gets his degree just seems plain crazy/irrational.  I'll never love it, but I'll accept a rational system

• Like 3

3 hours ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Purdue would have been awful without Edey and Smith

They would not had been a final four team without Jones though. He was a big part of their team this year and was big in hiding the other two guards defensively and really spaced the floor well for them with his shooting.  It is what it is and I liked it better the old way…recruiting and watching a kid grow 4 years and enjoying watching them take those steps but the NCAA gave us this crap.

• Like 1

Just now, dgambill said:

They would not had been a final four team without Jones though. He was a big part of their team this year and was big in hiding the other two guards defensively and really spaced the floor well for them with his shooting.  It is what it is and I liked it better the old way…recruiting and watching a kid grow 4 years and enjoying watching them take those steps but the NCAA gave us this crap.

Oh no doubt. 

• Like 1