March Madness 2024

4 minutes ago, Purdue7 said:

Purdue caught a couple breaks against State between OConnell & Ramadan 

Plus they couldn’t throw it in the ocean 

PS how does the running ref get title game ?  Just never thought of him as a great ref 

True but we maybe played a B- type game and still won by 13 with Smith having one of the worst games of his career and us turning it over a bunch. Edey only taking 2 free throws and still going for 20/12 shows how dominant he was. 

Edited by Stlboiler23

4 hours ago, DWB said:

If UConn plays defense like they did against Bama, I think UConn wins by 10-12 pts.

Clingman (sp) should give Lurch fits. Almost as tall, almost as heavy, and much quicker. Guess we'll see.

That's what I'm seeing as well. Don't think the refs are going to put fouls on Clingan. Haven't all tournament.

I think Smith and Loyer fold under the pressure. Bama’s guards are better, but they couldn’t pull it off. Shot really well in first half and were still down 4. At half, Hurley said they just needed to get Bama to crack. They know they can impose their will. Love that attitude 

• Like 3

Either Purdue is going to win or UCONN is going to surpass us.

Indiana deserves both. What a dysfunctional mess it has been for 30 years. Thats not one president or AD. That not one sset of BOT's. Thats an entire university, its culture, its mindset and its values. 

A deep thorough cleaning of house and covid level sanitizing is needed.

16 hours ago, rico said:

2 minutes ago, Sea Turtle said:

Indiana deserves both. What a dysfunctional mess it has been for 30 years. Thats not one president or AD. That not one sset of BOT's. Thats an entire university, its culture, its mindset and its values. 

We get it

• Thanks 4

1 hour ago, 13th&Jackson said:

I think Smith and Loyer fold under the pressure. Bama’s guards are better, but they couldn’t pull it off. Shot really well in first half and were still down 4. At half, Hurley said they just needed to get Bama to crack. They know they can impose their will. Love that attitude 

Bama hit 19 3’s against us and still lost. They can be fun to watch but rely a ton on the 3-ball. Purdue very well may have to win a shootout tomorrow night. 

UConn has the definitive advantage at guard and wing. I believe Edey can insert himself over Clingan, especially if he can get Clingan in foul trouble early. I’d look for UConn to do something that Purdue hasn’t seen and turn the tempo all the way up. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hoosier4Life53 said:

Is he headed for the portal?

Not that I’m aware. He likes being part of something bigger. I’d be shocked if he leaves. He will likely get more playing time next year. The culture built up there is something special. People can make fun of them all they want but it’s only out of jealousy.

Okay.  So, I'm reading about the Helms Foundation Championship that Purdue holds so sacred.  Try and keep up with the math here.  The Helms foundation was established in 1936.  Purdue won the Helms Championship for 1932.  However, they were not actually awarded the Championship until 1943.  So, Purdue won something 4 years before it existed and 11 years after they played.  That's some serious Purdue math going on there.

image.png.58354f553d8ca1fc828917157334534d.png

So, I ask you.  If they win tomorrow night, will it actually be real, or will it be some more 'magical' Purdue math, turning fiction into reality?

220px-Helms_Athletic_Foundation_medallion.png

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

So, Purdue won something 4 years before it existed and 11 years after they played.  That's some serious Purdue math going on there.

Well....they do have an "engineering" school after all.

• Haha 1

On 4/7/2024 at 1:55 PM, Sea Turtle said:

IMG_3079.gif.68d840d62b0553ce36c02857873622c8.gif

• Haha 2