Kel’el Ware Declares for the NBA Draft

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Good luck to Ware. Kid was lost on the bench in Oregon....and now a 1st round pick in the NBA. Says plenty about the development we have at IU for players.

I think that's what Woodson does best is individual player development (especially bigs). It was his reputation in the NBA as well. A lot of players gave him credit for developing them. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Sorry i just don't agree.  I don't buy into Coach Woodson is some great developer of talent.  I just don't.  Not going to change my mind which is why i don't usually post much about.  And this will be the last time i do.  thanks for the response, i will see my way out of this thread and conversation.

I think Woodson's system is just good for big men and equally bad for guards.    If our team is good at one thing, it is feeding the post players.

Hard to say how much development was done by staff but they definitely gave him the opportunity.

Edited by iuswingman
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Definitely should get credit.

I get people living in that all so famous phrase of their own echo chamber. We only believe or say or pass along in agreeance with what that individual thinks or wants to think. I get it and it's a shame.

With that said. Maybe it was being away from home. Maybe Altman just didn't know the buttons to push. Maybe Altman pulled an Underwood (Podziemski) and just didn't think he had it....either way anyone that can see a kid who still doesn't turn 20 until next month hasn't grown/matured/developed in his 10 months has zero ability to look past their own bias or beliefs on our staff.

Ware is another example of a kid under Woodson who has developed and will be pro ready.

Your point could have easily been made without the first sentence and first full paragraph. 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

1 hour ago, JW75 said:

It's ok to give some credit yes, but I really believe playing in this league the past year helped him tremendously . 

Didn’t the PAC12 do better in the tournament this year than the BIG did?🤷‍♂️

38 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

Your point could have easily been made without the first sentence and first full paragraph. 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

Wish that was true. So many people define their side or position in every day life and HSN is no stranger to that. Just really happy for KW and those around him. Made a move to come to IU and play for Coach Woodson and 10 months later it's going to be worth $10M+...

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

Didn’t the PAC12 do better in the tournament this year than the BIG did?🤷‍♂️

I have no idea how conferences compared….. a fresh start in a league that had very few “athletic “ big men… his size and length anyway plus not really known to be a run and gun up and down the floor conference , yes the decision to play in the B1G benefitted him greatly.

KW, I've stayed away but I have to give you my opinion as a BBall scout.

Your game has grown and you look good. But I am afraid, there us one more gear that you need to develop and that needs to be under CMW next year. After that, heck you may go straight into team ownership let alone playing. I have close to 100% accuracy when I give this type review to players with your ability, on a Wednesday, in March, while being in Charlotte. So it's fare to say that I am correct for your future. ! 

Sorry if this was posted elsewhere but apparently Ware will be a dunk contest judge at the all American game. 

I think he was the only college guy (other judges included TMac, Paul Wall, Bubba Wallace, and others).

Nice exposure for the IU brand. 

78697E55-16C2-4C56-8BE3-EB0EBB731A20.png

• Like 2