Darius Garland

iRepIU

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Montana State is 2 hours behind Bloomington. So the announcement may have actually happened an hour and a half ago.

Let's look at the schedule for Monday... oh look, Montana State plays! At Utah State! On regional television - Mountain West Network!

No word yet whether the Mountain West Network is carrying the announcement live. That will be a dead giveaway.

Just now, KDB said:

Apparently, Peegs said there is lack of chatter about one school being confident. Hmmm

Is that because there's chatter about two schools being confident?

Or because there's chatter about zero schools being confident?

Or does that mean that one school is confident but there's no chatter about the confidence?

3 minutes ago, jimsorgi said:

Is that because there's chatter about two schools being confident?

Or because there's chatter about zero schools being confident?

Or does that mean that one school is confident but there's no chatter about the confidence?

From what I heard, Vandy and their insiders were VERY confident. This may mean that they are not as confident as they were.. Let's hope.

So I just saw some Vandy fan on Reddit say that news of the change of time/venue was broken by thehoosier.com and they were told directly by Garland’s Dad. 

I did a couple quick searches and can’t find anything that says who broke the story, but that would be interesting if true. This recruitment has been such a roller coaster ride, I don’t have a feeling either way on which school he is going to say on Monday. Just glad we will all finally know. 

3 minutes ago, BtownBallers said:

So I just saw some Vandy fan on Reddit say that news of the change of time/venue was broken by thehoosier.com and they were told directly by Garland’s Dad. 

I did a couple quick searches and can’t find anything that says who broke the story, but that would be interesting if true. This recruitment has been such a roller coaster ride, I don’t have a feeling either way on which school he is going to say on Monday. Just glad we will all finally know. 

Vandy's fan board on 247/Scout they were talking about the same exact thing. Can't be a bad thing that Winston Garland is informing the IU sites.

6 minutes ago, BtownBallers said:

https://indiana.rivals.com/news/2018-five-star-point-guard-darius-garland-sets-decision-date

image.png.caad73d2b9cd2b2f93ffcf2853306cd1.png

6 minutes ago, KDB said:

Some people seem to think Rabjohns knows where he is going, if that was the case and it was Vandy, I don't think he would be as into this as he has been. 

My theory is that Rabjohns contacted them and informed them he wouldn't be able to cover his Wednesday announcement so as a courtesy for all the free press Rabjohns has been providing them they moved it to Monday but I don't think they told Rabby the decision...purely just giving him a chance to cover it and provide for press for the announcement....good news or bad I'm sure Rabby wants to be able to be there to cover it and sell more premium subscriptions.  

Much like with the Garlands giving Rabjohns the pros and cons list, it certainly can't be a bad thing that Winston contacted the IU Rivals site to inform them of the move to Monday. I still have yet to see a Vandy writer show that they discussed the pros and cons list with Darius, or see that a site was contacted by Winston to let them know of the move to Monday.

Doesn't mean the Garlands have not been contacting Vandy writers. But this can't be a bad thing.

3 minutes ago, Hoosier82 said:

My theory is that Rabjohns contacted them and informed them he wouldn't be able to cover his Wednesday announcement so as a courtesy for all the free press Rabjohns has been providing them they moved it to Monday but I don't think they told Rabby the decision...purely just giving him a chance to cover it and provide for press for the announcement....good news or bad I'm sure Rabby wants to be able to be there to cover it and sell more premium subscriptions.  

I think you're right on this.

Simple courtesy for Rabjohns.

6 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Much like with the Garlands giving Rabjohns the pros and cons list, it certainly can't be a bad thing that Winston contacted the IU Rivals site to inform them of the move to Monday. I still have yet to see a Vandy writer show that they discussed the pros and cons list with Darius, or see that a site was contacted by Winston to let them know of the move to Monday.

Doesn't mean the Garlands have not been contacting Vandy writers. But this can't be a bad thing.

If they had told Rabjohn the decision and it was Vandy then why would Rabjohn even bother covering it.

5 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Not sure if they told Rabjohns the decision (I don't think they did). But if they did, and it was Vandy, no doubt Rabjohns would not be giving it this level of attention.

Maybe a better way of saying it is that Winston new it was Vandy then he would not really worry about if an IU writer could be there.

Archived