Darius Garland

iRepIU

3 hours ago, SpiderMonkey said:

Seeing as how I live a few minutes from Missoula, Montana I figure I would chime in with what is being said around town here.

I keep hearing that the UM Grizz are freaking out about Garland going to Montana State. So they are making a last ditch effort to lure Romeo and Shittu to Missoula to suit up for the Grizz. 

Had to give a shout out to Missoula. I love that area. Some of the best trail running in the country. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

You would think that over the weekend something has to leak. By the way. I have 89 pages as my number in the office lottery. We're only at 37. Let's pick it up! If only there weren't 6 or 7 IU message boards....haha!

Wait, just one second..... YOU have an office lottery on how many pages this HSN 3.0 thread on Darius will have ?   Neat !

Keep in mind we are still a fledgling IU fan site. 

I'm just gonna go ahead and say it, cause inevitably someone will mention it, and that is - NO, this 1 game will not impact Garland's decision if it is indeed us he has decided to pick. Our future is bright, I truly believe we have our coach, it's just one game and we will improve. After all, it is reasons like tonight we want Darius and Romeo to come to Indiana and run the show.

2 minutes ago, Hoosier987 said:

I'm just gonna go ahead and say it, cause inevitably someone will mention it, and that is - NO, this 1 game will not impact Garland's decision if it is indeed us he has decided to pick. Our future is bright, I truly believe we have our coach, it's just one game and we will improve and after all, it is reasons like tonight we want Darius and Romeo to come to Indiana 

Plenty of playing time for new comers

7 minutes ago, HoosierJax said:

Just my 2 cents worth,but Indiana basketball will become a lot better when you start seeing more players from the State on its roster,more players from the Midwest and more players willing to play for the name on the Jersey....inside out

Jaren Jackson having a huge game for Sparty tonight.

33 minutes ago, HoosierJax said:

Just my 2 cents worth,but Indiana basketball will become a lot better when you start seeing more players from the State on its roster,more players from the Midwest and more players willing to play for the name on the Jersey....inside out

I did not look it up but I think the only player from Indiana that played for IU tonight was McRoberts, and the only other player from the midwest was Smith.  Some would say Morgan from Missouri is midwest, but I think we both really mean Indiana, Illinois, and Ohio.

1 hour ago, bstall76 said:

I did not look it up but I think the only player from Indiana that played for IU tonight was McRoberts, and the only other player from the midwest was Smith.  Some would say Morgan from Missouri is midwest, but I think we both really mean Indiana, Illinois, and Ohio.

I would say if you are from any of the original big ten states then you are from the mid west.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

I would say if you are from any of the original big ten states then you are from the mid west.

I agree, good thing next year we have at least 3 players from the midwest coming in and possibly 5.  Yes I would count Garland as from the midwest since he lived in Indiana for much of his life.  Things are looking better, just not in Btown tonight.

25 minutes ago, bstall76 said:

I agree, good thing next year we have at least 3 players from the midwest coming in and possibly 5.  Yes I would count Garland as from the midwest since he lived in Indiana for much of his life.  Things are looking better, just not in Btown tonight.

With Thompson it is 4 since he is from Minnesota.

11 minutes ago, KDB said:

Someone on Rivals said that a member of the coaching staff said the staff felt VERY confident about Garland. They hadn't been notified he was coming, but they were very confident.

Replace Newkirk and Johnson with Romeo and Darius, plus another season of the current team under Archie's system - we have a top ten team next year. 

I also fully expect Deron to be a stud 

Just now, Hoosier987 said:

Replace Newkirk and Johnson with Romeo and Darius, plus another season of the current team under Archie's system - we have a top ten team next year. 

I think if we get Romeo and Darius, those two along with Jerome Hunter could start as true freshman.

Archived