Over weight guys!!!!!!

rico

1 hour ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

I'm ~ 2months of not drinking, except for maybe 1 cheat day a week. ~ 1 month of nutrisystem diet. I'm down 18 pounds. My usual blood pressure, even on BP medicine was ~160/high 90's. I've not taken BP meds for a couple months and just checked my BP for the first time in a while. ... 125/ 72 . 

I'll take this as a win!

Hell yes!!!!👏 

Cutting out beer will be tough but I’ll at least cut down 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, JW75 said:

Awesome!  Wish I could eliminate at least 1 of my 2 meds for BP.  Non Smoker. Non drinker. Exercise regularly and still fight the 140/low 90s battle.  We always have done our 6 month wellness for health insurance and never had issues until Covid about wiped me out. Coincidence ? Maybe. Just getting older? Maybe.  Frustrating though.  Congrats on yours!

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

I can only hope my sober 24 has close to as good affect on me as you got!! Heading to the Y this afternoon, found out I’m Silver Sneakers eligible so the membership is free!

Here's good vibes for your journey! the silver sneakers eligibility just screams white knee high socks with nut hugger shorts at the Y !! You'll rock it man.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

I'm ~ 2months of not drinking, except for maybe 1 cheat day a week. ~ 1 month of nutrisystem diet. I'm down 18 pounds. My usual blood pressure, even on BP medicine was ~160/high 90's. I've not taken BP meds for a couple months and just checked my BP for the first time in a while. ... 125/ 72 . 

I'll take this as a win!

That is awesome. I am hoping to have a similar experience so I don't have to keep taking BP meds. Today is my 80th day sober and I'm down nearly 30 pounds. 

• Like 6

So I started my fast.  Started out, almost made 72 hours all water but I caved hard after going to the y for an hour.  Came home, fed the boys and ravaged the fridge.  Still no sugar or alcohol.   Doing a 16 off 8 on type of deal.  Not trying to lose weight just get right spiritually and mentally.   

Keep up the good work guys.  

Edited by NotIThatLives
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

Can you side by side you first to most recent?  Weren't you at 254?

242 at the start 

First 3 days are a challenge 

You still got some Ketosis & Autophagy 

No alcohol or processed food are tough but I’m going to try 

IMG_1303.jpeg

• Like 1

On 1/10/2024 at 1:58 PM, bronkonagurski said:

That is awesome. I am hoping to have a similar experience so I don't have to keep taking BP meds. Today is my 80th day sober and I'm down nearly 30 pounds. 

I spent about 6 years daily drinking. I think you said you spent 20?  I can't imagine.

The last couple years have been a lot of up and down. Decided 2024 was the year I quit for good. I think I've had 8 sober days so far but I'm at day 4 right now. Almost went out Friday night but I thought about this thread, you, and the others that are doing it. It definitely helps knowing I want to keep up with you guys. 

Also down 3 more lbs. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

I spent about 6 years daily drinking. I think you said you spent 20?  I can't imagine.

The last couple years have been a lot of up and down. Decided 2024 was the year I quit for good. I think I've had 8 sober days so far but I'm at day 4 right now. Almost went out Friday night but I thought about this thread, you, and the others that are doing it. It definitely helps knowing I want to keep up with you guys. 

Also down 3 more lbs. 

King of the Castle 🏰!(hopefully you watched Seinfeld)

Father was an alcoholic…..

Fast ended today at 23.5 days 

Now I gotta eat healthy and exercise a bit…..no alcohol for now 

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Purdue7 said:

King of the Castle 🏰!(hopefully you watched Seinfeld)

Father was an alcoholic…..

Fast ended today at 23.5 days 

Now I gotta eat healthy and exercise a bit…..no alcohol for now 

Lol! Quite a bit. Remember that episode and many more. 

Been a sober 24 so far, but yesterday went off rails?! Today visited a friend, owner of a liquor store. He’s from Iraq, we share more life experiences than most Americans and I do! Today we talked about our experiences of riding on trains in Russia! Not sure how I can continue when some of my best friends are at the liquor store! Maybe I can just go in and say hi! Give me strength Lord!

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

Had no idea what I was getting when I ordered a Full Mary for breakfast this morning! 
IMG_0358.thumb.jpeg.f78179887dc4273c0dc9a3e71e016637.jpeg

Dont think this fits any diet? At least I know what I’m eating for lunch!

I need a nap after just looking at that 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, Drroogh said:

Had no idea what I was getting when I ordered a Full Mary for breakfast this morning! 
IMG_0358.thumb.jpeg.f78179887dc4273c0dc9a3e71e016637.jpeg

Dont think this fits any diet? At least I know what I’m eating for lunch!

Might be the fastest thing to Heaven there is...literally.

• Haha 3

• 3 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, bronkonagurski said:

Well boys, I just found out my job of 18 years is being eliminated. Glad I've been doing my healthy things so my mental state is strong. The drinking version of myself would be going through an entire case of beer tonight. 

Sorry to hear that...Good luck in finding something hopefully even better...

• Thanks 1