Over weight guys!!!!!!

rico

3 hours ago, Purdue7 said:

Anyone try a water fast?

6 days in and the “euphoria stage” has set in 

first 2-3 days sucked but amazingly hunger subsides 

6’3” 244 lb 

No insulin….yet 

I'm about to do a 21 day fast of some sort.  Trying to decide how all in I want to go.  Have done a lot of different fasts around 10-15 years ago. They did some amazing things to my spiritual health.  Need to get some of those disciplines back.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NotIThatLives said:

I'm about to do a 21 day fast of some sort.  Trying to decide how all in I want to go.  Have done a lot of different fasts around 10-15 years ago. They did some amazing things to my spiritual health.  Need to get some of those disciplines back.  

I’m not sure how long i will going 

Didn't prep at all…which was dumb 

Blood sugar is still high when I wake up which I assume means my fat liver is still producing Glycogen (hope that’s correct)

15 minutes ago, Purdue7 said:

I’m not sure how long i will going 

Didn't prep at all…which was dumb 

Blood sugar is still high when I wake up which I assume means my fat liver is still producing Glycogen (hope that’s correct)

I just went to take a pee and looked in the mirror.  My face is sort of red.  It's been 2.5 hours since ai rode my air bike for 40 mins.  Took the BP.  142/79.  Little high for me.  Been sitting around healing up this hernia.  I gotta cut the sugar and cheeses way back.  

9 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

I just went to take a pee and looked in the mirror.  My face is sort of red.  It's been 2.5 hours since ai rode my air bike for 40 mins.  Took the BP.  142/79.  Little high for me.  Been sitting around healing up this hernia.  I gotta cut the sugar and cheeses way back.  

HFCS is poisoning all of us 

Hard to cut out processed food 😑 

Do you use an app when you buy food?

Was shocked when everything I liked was sugar loaded 💩 

9 minutes ago, Purdue7 said:

HFCS is poisoning all of us 

Hard to cut out processed food 😑 

Do you use an app when you buy food?

Was shocked when everything I liked was sugar loaded 💩 

I've been eating homemade sugar cookies by the dozen.  Got a cinnamon roll plater from Costco.  Made broccoli,  corn, and egg/breakfast casseroles with sausage.  Gotta start eating leaner. Did my first whey protein shake in a month today.  My body must be telling me something.   

I don't use any special apps or diets.  What do you recommend?

Edited by NotIThatLives

2 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

I've been eating homemade sugar cookies by the dozen.  Got a cinnamon roll plater from Costco.  Made broccoli,  corn, and egg/breakfast casseroles with sausage.  Gotta start eating leaner. Did my first whey protein shake in a month today.  My body must be telling me something.   

IMG_1195.jpeg

• Thanks 1

Yuka app 

I’m sure there are better ones but you can scan and get a quick reading 

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/food-scanner-grocery-coach/id1570142558

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

2 weeks ago I bought a dozen donuts & 4 bags of Doritos…..that lasted 2 days 

Brutal 

Day 7 is here and I’m not sure when I’ll end my fast 

• Like 2

On 12/27/2023 at 3:44 PM, NotIThatLives said:

10 days at midnight 

Ketosis

Hope you are getting it sorted too 

29 minutes ago, Purdue7 said:

10 days at midnight 

Ketosis

Hope you are getting it sorted too 

Guess I failed to update.  I got sick as a dog 3 nights ago.  Fever, crazy sweats and chills.  Chucking violently.  Liquids, followed by brat diet a few days.  Finally back today.  Good thing is I got an early start off the old enemy alcohol.  Wierd thing I realize when I dont/can't have it, I don't think miss it.  Maybe one more light capper this new years and make it a year long resolution.  Really need to for my longevity and my family, not to mention my spiritual health.  

So are you still straight up water fasting?  That's wild.  Not sure how long that's medically recommended.   

Edited by NotIThatLives
  • Like 1

Guess I failed to update.  I got sick as a dog 3 nights ago.  Fever, crazy sweats and chills.  Chucking violently.  Liquids, followed by brat diet a few days.  Finally back today.  Good thing is I got an early start off the old enemy alcohol.  Wierd thing I realize when I dont/can't have it, I don't think miss it.  Maybe one more light capper this new years and make it a year long resolution.  Really need to for my longevity and my family, not to mention my spiritual health.  

So are you still straight up water fasting?  That's wild.  Not sure how long that's medically recommended.   

Watched a bunch of YouTube with Dr. comments on fasting 

As fat as I am I could easily go 40 days 

Going 14+ for sure 

I really should cut out alcohol 🍺 but it’s hard to play pub trivia without a pint 

hope you are feeling better 

I think one of my motivations is being healthy as possible for whatever time I have left 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Purdue7 said:

Watched a bunch of YouTube with Dr. comments on fasting 

As fat as I am I could easily go 40 days 

Going 14+ for sure 

I really should cut out alcohol 🍺 but it’s hard to play pub trivia without a pint 

hope you are feeling better 

I think one of my motivations is being healthy as possible for whatever time I have left 

Truly man.  I'm 42.  2 young boys.  I need at least 40 plus really good ones.  After 82 are bonus years.  My wife and I were talking about this up coming fast after driving 5 hours the last 2 days.  Came up with no sugars or alcohol.   Smoothies for breakfast, liquids rest of day.   And looking up modified Mediterranean for family dinner meals.  

I'll check out that video.  

10 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Truly man.  I'm 42.  2 young boys.  I need at least 40 plus really good ones.  After 82 are bonus years.  My wife and I were talking about this up coming fast after driving 5 hours the last 2 days.  Came up with no sugars or alcohol.   Smoothies for breakfast, liquids rest of day.   And looking up modified Mediterranean for family dinner meals.  

I'll check out that video.  

I know we've discussed the alcohol part before. I'm struggling too. 

I've lived a high speed low drag life. I'm 38 and some days can barely get out of bed. I'm in constant pain. 

But, when I'm consistent with staying hydrated and eating a balanced diet I don't feel too bad. 

11 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

I know we've discussed the alcohol part before. I'm struggling too. 

I've lived a high speed low drag life. I'm 38 and some days can barely get out of bed. I'm in constant pain. 

But, when I'm consistent with staying hydrated and eating a balanced diet I don't feel too bad. 

I just want to keep taking the steps forward to doing the things I know I should be doing until they are my normal routine.  

If the current science says a Mediterranean diet is the healthiest in the world, then why am I not working towards that?  Gotta start somewhere.  

And alcohol is just a waste of money and destroys my physical, mental, and spiritual goals.  Screw it.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NotIThatLives said:

If the current science says a Mediterranean diet is the healthiest in the world, then why am I not working towards that?  Gotta start somewhere.  

My wife and I started eating a lot of fish about 5 years ago...Not a strict Mediterranean diet per se, but eat a lot more fish than red meat...I do feel much better when I eat fish. Had a filet mignon for New Years last night, and it didn't set so well :( 

Lot of salmon, red snapper, shrimp and occasionally Chilean Sea Bass or lobster (both a little pricey, but HEB down here has both on sale for reasonable prices)...The key is the seasoning...I know a lot of people say fish is bland and tasteless, but if you season it right it's damn good...Grilled and pan seared are probably the way we like them best...

• Like 2

6 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

I just want to keep taking the steps forward to doing the things I know I should be doing until they are my normal routine.  

And alcohol is just a waste of money and destroys my physical, mental, and spiritual goals.  Screw it.  

Yeah man, alcohol does all those things for sure. I was a daily binge drinker for about 20 years. Today is my 70th day sober, and I feel like a new person.

On the weight loss trail, I begin the new year 28 pounds down from my maximum known weight from around August when I hurt my knee. Getting back under 300 pounds is my primary goal right now, then from there I'll see how far I can go with a maintainable approach.

Bought a Fitbit so I'm tracking my calorie deficit on a daily basis. Running 1000-1500 calorie deficit per day and trying to get 10k steps a day. No more booze, no sugary soda, a lot of water. Food-wise, just using common sense and portion control. Not trying to be perfect, I'll treat myself when I feel like it but just manage the portions and make sure I track all of it. The tracking is huge for me, I need to do it to stay on track and feel a sense of control.

Edited by bronkonagurski
  • Like 5

What sucks for me is I hate veggies & fish!  Luckily I can make smoothies with Kale, spinach, carrots, tomatoes as long as blueberries, strawberries, apple & banana are mixed in 

Alcohol is a diet killer 

Recently read 50 g of protein for breakfast is better than 50 for dinner 

Only eating in an 8 hour window is beneficial too 

there’s a reason almost every religion fasts 

6 hours ago, bronkonagurski said:

Yeah man, alcohol does all those things for sure. I was a daily binge drinker for about 20 years. Today is my 70th day sober, and I feel like a new person.

On the weight loss trail, I begin the new year 28 pounds down from my maximum known weight from around August when I hurt my knee. Getting back under 300 pounds is my primary goal right now, then from there I'll see how far I can go with a maintainable approach.

Bought a Fitbit so I'm tracking my calorie deficit on a daily basis. Running 1000-1500 calorie deficit per day and trying to get 10k steps a day. No more booze, no sugary soda, a lot of water. Food-wise, just using common sense and portion control. Not trying to be perfect, I'll treat myself when I feel like it but just manage the portions and make sure I track all of it. The tracking is huge for me, I need to do it to stay on track and feel a sense of control.

Awesome brother.  That's a huge inspiration.  

52 minutes ago, Purdue7 said:

What sucks for me is I hate veggies & fish!  Luckily I can make smoothies with Kale, spinach, carrots, tomatoes as long as blueberries, strawberries, apple & banana are mixed in 

Alcohol is a diet killer 

Recently read 50 g of protein for breakfast is better than 50 for dinner 

Only eating in an 8 hour window is beneficial too 

there’s a reason almost every religion fasts 

Yep.  Jesus said, "When you fast."  Matthew 6.  Not if you fast.  I'm telling you right now, half of the top 10 most impact full times of my life have occurred while or shortly after fasting.  It's no wonder my mind and body are fighting me not to.  

Change is quickly empowered while starving the desires of the flesh.  

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Purdue7 said:

What sucks for me is I hate veggies & fish!  

Seasoned salt.  

As far as fish goes.  It can be a texture thing.  It can be a taste thing.  It can also be a bad experience thing.  Gotta prep that bad boy right or else it's just choking it down with sauce and beverage.  But there is also nothing wrong with a properly cooked chicken Breast instead imo. 

26 minutes ago, Purdue7 said:

FITINDEX Smart Scale for Body Weight, Digital Bathroom Scale BMI Body Fat Scale Bluetooth Weighting Health Monitor, Accurate Body Composition Analyzer, 400lb, White

$22 on Amazon 

I have one of those. Needs new batteries but I really like it. Need to get back to using it.