17 hours ago, 5fouls said:

4 of the 5 scoring defense leaders in college football are from the Big Ten

1.  Wisconsin

2.  Penn State

3.  Oregon

4. Ohio State

5. Iowa.

For the record, IU is 29th 

In 4 IU wins they have given up 30 points with two shutouts and I the two losses they have given up91 points.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, IU Scott said:

In 4 IU wins they have given up 30 points with two shutouts and I the two losses they have given up91 points.

Combined scoring in the (2 )games decided by 34 (aka.. 10 points  LOL ) or less  is 65- 64 total margin in IU's favor..

However that is also slightly distorted to those paying real close attention.

IU has arguably squandered the most scoring opportunities in those 2 closer games, and even the MSU Fumble return TD that makes the combined margin only +1 was a fluke.  Indiana did that to itself though. 

That is the stat that likely does change the most after the next 4 games.. Unless IU wins 2 and loses 2 of the next 4  by a single point - we should know more how they compare in the main pack of the B1G. .Lol 

This is kind of old news, but I didn't realize how far Bret Bielema has fallen since leaving Wisconsin.  I saw today that he's the DL coach for the Patriots and had some beef with Michael Bennett.  I forgot that he was fired by Arkansas a couple years ago.  I said when he left Wisconsin he never should have left because in the West he could have won 10+ games almost every year and stayed there as long as he wanted.  Bet he regrets that decision now.

13 hours ago, Leathernecks said:

This is kind of old news, but I didn't realize how far Bret Bielema has fallen since leaving Wisconsin.  I saw today that he's the DL coach for the Patriots and had some beef with Michael Bennett.  I forgot that he was fired by Arkansas a couple years ago.  I said when he left Wisconsin he never should have left because in the West he could have won 10+ games almost every year and stayed there as long as he wanted.  Bet he regrets that decision now.

Don't quote me on this but I remember he and Barry having problems. Bielema wanted more $ for his assistants or something....plus anyone who knows Barry Alvarez his shadow looms very, very big at Wisconsin. Over everything. Gary Andersen leaving after 2 years was pretty telling too. 

Bielema will hideout in the NFL for a couple years and he'll end up in college game again. 

14 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Don't quote me on this but I remember he and Barry having problems. Bielema wanted more $ for his assistants or something....plus anyone who knows Barry Alvarez his shadow looms very, very big at Wisconsin. Over everything. Gary Andersen leaving after 2 years was pretty telling too. 

Bielema will hideout in the NFL for a couple years and he'll end up in college game again. 

Part of the issue was Bielema's timing. Chryst left to take the head coaching position at Pitt at the beginning of 2012, and Beilema's departure at the end of 2012 was somewhat unexpected. Chryst was the favorite, but didn't feel comfortable leaving Pitt after only one season (what a concept, huh?). Anderson never was a good fit in Madison culturally, and when he left, he questioned Wisconsin's "high standards" for admissions. The hell....they're like the bulk of the B10...solid academics but it ain't Oxford.

Chryst is Wisconsin's guy and Alvarez's guy.

As for Bielema, I'd look for him to be in the running at Iowa when Ferentz hangs it up.

On 10/14/2019 at 3:23 PM, IU Scott said:

the defense only gave up 76 points in the losses to osu and msu. for that matter, the defense has pitched 3 shutouts this season

6 hours ago, rico said:

Seeing reports that the Mississippi St.  HC is the front runner for the Rutgers job.

Now that would bring all sorts of levels of comedy. A coach leaving SEC job for Rutgers. MSU fans probably happy it could happen. I remember when Moorehead was the #1 assistant coach (not sure how they determine that) while at Penn St. Maybe this is a chance for him to get back closer to home I guess.

45 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Now that would bring all sorts of levels of comedy. A coach leaving SEC job for Rutgers. MSU fans probably happy it could happen. I remember when Moorehead was the #1 assistant coach (not sure how they determine that) while at Penn St. Maybe this is a chance for him to get back closer to home I guess.

Probably sees the writing on the wall at Missy St.?

Archived