Big Ten Football

BeerBQ

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Big one in the Big House today for Harbaugh. Like Wisconsin I think Iowa is always being overlooked nationally. I think they go in and win today and the heat becomes unreal for Michigan. I also expect Penn St to hang 60+ on Purdue today.

Iowa always seems to be extremely overrated or extremely underrated.

33 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

If any of you like to bet, I think I’d give legit consideration to taking PSU today. Just learned that Purdue is down an additional 2 WR’s that have played meaningful snaps this year. 

Yeah. Long day for you guys. They are being dominated on both sides of the ball early. PSU could lay a 60 burger on you guys today. Your young guys are swimming in the deep end without their floaties today. It will be a learning experience that hopefully will pay dividends down the road.

12 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Yeah. Long day for you guys. They are being dominated on both sides of the ball early. PSU could lay a 60 burger on you guys today. Your young guys are swimming in the deep end without their floaties today. It will be a learning experience that hopefully will pay dividends down the road.

And just may have lost one of our starting LB’s for the game too. Wow

9 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

And just may have lost one of our starting LB’s for the game too. Wow

Yeah...the game was over before the kickoff. Purdue looked lifeless from the kickoff. It's one thing to lose playmakers but both your lines looked overwhelmed....I mean at least your OL should be able to give your qb some time...they just looked out matched. I hate it because I was hoping you guys would make a good game to watch but now I have to watch Michigan and Iowa because this is unwatchable.

19 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

Just finished watching the Purdue game, and that offense is rough.

14 completions and 10 sacks allowed. 104 total yards. The offensive line is an absolute disaster.

Yep o-line has a lot of work to do. My guess is we might grab a few grad transfer guys. Defense at least looked solid for 3 quarters. 

Purdue's O line is duct tape and bailing wire, but don't discount how much not having Moore on the field affects the offense. Him on the field alone gives them a half-man advantage, since most defenses are going to put one guy directly on him and another at least shading to that side. Without Moore, the guy that would be shading is free to tee off into the backfield.

1 minute ago, Zlinedavid said:

Michigan-Iowa was some ugly football. UM's D is good, but after seeing that, their offense does not scare me at all.

After seeing that game, I can guarantee that we have a better OC than Iowa. That was brutal. Run up the middle on first down, and sometimes 2nd down. When they'd drop back to pass, they'd just chuck balls down the field. No short and intermediate passing like we did against MSU to open the field. Terrible calling all day.

Just now, Leathernecks said:

After seeing that game, I can guarantee that we have a better OC than Iowa. That was brutal. Run up the middle on first down, and sometimes 2nd down. When they'd drop back to pass, they'd just chuck balls down the field. No short and intermediate passing like we did against MSU to open the field. Terrible calling all day.

Yeah, it was IU's offense circa 2010.

Archived