Big Ten Football

BeerBQ

13 hours ago, jblaz13 said:

I was just thinking more on Purdue's injuries

I don't feel for their program so much, but I feel for Sindelar and Moore as human beings who are injured, now likely having to miss doing what they love to do. 

That goes for any injured player at any level of any sport.  That's all. ..

the hell with purdue

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, coachv said:

i think you CAN face guard in college. irrespective of that, it is a monumentally stupid rule. with all the pass interference that goes uncalled, it's hard to believe you can be called for a penalty, any penalty, once the ball has been put in play, without touching anyone whatsoever

Without touching yes...but if you make any contact at all it will get called because you are not playing the ball. If you are looking back and you make incidental contact it won’t get called. In of itself it isn’t a penalty...it’s only combined with contact even minor that you aren’t playing the ball that it’s a penalty every time by the officials. I agree..I think it’s pretty dumb because they don’t consider that PI in NFL. Receivers already only have to get one foot in so the breaks for the offense are already stacked against a defender.

9 hours ago, coachv said:

i think you CAN face guard in college. irrespective of that, it is a monumentally stupid rule. with all the pass interference that goes uncalled, it's hard to believe you can be called for a penalty, any penalty, once the ball has been put in play, without touching anyone whatsoever

Without touching yes...but if you make any contact at all it will get called because you are not playing the ball. If you are looking back and you make incidental contact it won’t get called. In of itself it isn’t a penalty...it’s only combined with contact even minor that you aren’t playing the ball that it’s a penalty every time by the officials. I agree..I think it’s pretty dumb because they don’t consider that PI in NFL. Receivers already only have to get one foot in so the breaks for the offense are already stacked against a defender.

5 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

From ESPN and per Brohm.

Sindelar has a broken clavicle and will have surgery to repair it. Could be done for the year.

Hate hearing that. Never want to see any athlete miss a season. You only get a limited amount of games to play a game you love and to miss it I feel for the young man. Plus I would like to beat them full strength so their are no excuses. 

27 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

From ESPN and per Brohm.

Sindelar has a broken clavicle and will have surgery to repair it. Could be done for the year.

Still not sure the extent of Moore’s injury but should know more today. Still have no idea if/when Lorenzo Neal will play. Lost an o-lineman to a broken tibia yesterday too. Not our year injury-wise unfortunately. 

16 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Still not sure the extent of Moore’s injury but should know more today. Still have no idea if/when Lorenzo Neal will play. Lost an o-lineman to a broken tibia yesterday too. Not our year injury-wise unfortunately. 

The same ESPN scroll about Sindelar said that Moore was out for the Penn State game. That's all it said.

49 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Hate hearing that. Never want to see any athlete miss a season. You only get a limited amount of games to play a game you love and to miss it I feel for the young man. Plus I would like to beat them full strength so their are no excuses. 

no one is full strength for the last game of the season

Archived