Big Ten Football

BeerBQ

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I heard the same from someone within the athletic dept before Dan started saying it on air just did not know is true.  It was before he went to Utah apparently Dan said this guy is for real and IU would be a place he would like to go but IU was not interested. 

More pseudo-shocking drivel from Dakich. "Look how stupid they are! They turned down someone before they became big!" Give me a friggin break. His agenda isn't even to make IU look bad. It's to draw attention to himself.

Every coach gets turned down multiple times early in their careers. Want to know who else wasn't interested in Urban Meyer back then? Didn't have a place on staff for him. Some schmuck named Nick Saban, who was then coaching at the juggernaut known as Toledo. What a moron. Bet nothing ever came of him either.

Same story holds true for Saban. Kent State passed on him as their head coach before he got the Toledo job. Bloody tossers.

Dakich just constantly spews verbal diarrhea in the hopes it'll get people talking about the smell. Although, I suppose it's the perfect role for him, given that there's zero doubt that he's completely full of #$&@.

20 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

More pseudo-shocking drivel from Dakich. "Look how stupid they are! They turned down someone before they became big!" Give me a friggin break. His agenda isn't even to make IU look bad. It's to draw attention to himself.

Every coach gets turned down multiple times early in their careers. Want to know who else wasn't interested in Urban Meyer back then? Didn't have a place on staff for him. Some schmuck named Nick Saban, who was then coaching at the juggernaut known as Toledo. What a moron. Bet nothing ever came of him either.

Same story holds true for Saban. Kent State passed on him as their head coach before he got the Toledo job. Bloody tossers.

Dakich just constantly spews verbal diarrhea in the hopes it'll get people talking about the smell. Although, I suppose it's the perfect role for him, given that there's zero doubt that he's completely full of #$&@.

I dont disagree with what you are saying my point was that early in his career Urban maybe could have been at IU. We know of hundreds of examples that show you are correct but for a program that has been.mired in mediocrity forever its easy to say what might have been. No different than all the talk on the NFL thread about the Bears passing on Mahomes and Watson to move up and take Mitch. 

Fitzgerald has completely lost his mind for NW.  They got a lucky break on a muffed punt and got a score to go down 24-9, and he went for 2 instead of kicking the extra point.  Got another score, and missed another 2 point conversion.  24-15 and down two scores instead of 24-17 and down one score.  They've said their kicker is doing fine and isn't hurt.  Very stupid play calling by Fitzgerald.

5 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I’m sure you guys do. But we’re now down our starting QB, RB, WR, and LB. Injuries happen but how often is it to all of your best players? 

Now you know what it felt like being an IUBB fan last year.  Not picking on you.  Just stating a fact.  Hard to win, when essential players are injured.

32 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I’m sure you guys do. But we’re now down our starting QB, RB, WR, and LB. Injuries happen but how often is it to all of your best players? 

Look I support Purdue except for playing IU but the sign of a good program is depth. I know Brohm hasn’t had a lot of time but good programs have depth where the talent level doesn’t crater when someone goes down. We see it at IU every year when a couple guys go down we just can’t stay with teams. It’s why I say Purdue has a ways to go to take that next step. 

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Look I support Purdue except for playing IU but the sign of a good program is depth. I know Brohm hasn’t had a lot of time but good programs have depth where the talent level doesn’t crater when someone goes down. We see it at IU every year when a couple guys go down we just can’t stay with teams. It’s why I say Purdue has a ways to go to take that next step. 

You’re not wrong. He’s had what 2 actual recruiting classes (that first one was thrown together late when he came on board from WKU). The depth is being built but it’ll still take a few years. 

How many teams apart from the blue bloods would be able to have the depth to make up for losing a Rondale Moore, Elijah Sindelar, Markus Bailey, and Lorenzo Neal though? Those guys are All-B1G caliber player. The vast majority of our upperclassmen we were counting on this year are injured. 

12 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

You’re not wrong. He’s had what 2 actual recruiting classes (that first one was thrown together late when he came on board from WKU). The depth is being built but it’ll still take a few years. 

How many teams apart from the blue bloods would be able to have the depth to make up for losing a Rondale Moore, Elijah Sindelar, Markus Bailey, and Lorenzo Neal though? Those guys are All-B1G caliber player. The vast majority of our upperclassmen we were counting on this year are injured. 

Hey I get it...but it is also why I have been slow to get on the Boiler Hype train many have been on until they build the trenches and depth. Injuries happen in football...a lot! Losing your qb sucks...IU knows that better than most fans year in and out...but yes you want to take that next step you have to not lose momentum when someone goes down. If everything has to go right and stay healthy etc for you to win then that team is ultimately flawed. Maybe Brohm will get there...time will tell but I’m not getting worked up over how good they can be until I see them stack depth.

1 hour ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I feel bad for the Boilers, I really do.  Been following Rondale Moore since he was a freshman in high school.  I hope his injury is not serious.  But, why are you here during the Purdue game, and not on a Boiler board somewhere?

8 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Refs with an atrocious pass interference call in the end zone against Nebraska against Ohio State.  .Anyone that believes that the elite teams do not get favortism is living in a fantasy world.

You can’t faceguard in college football. If you make contact you have to be looking back at the ball.

Archived